SaltCritters.com

What do you feed your BTA?

Lugmos12

I have green BTA. She/He eats frozen pe mysis and krill. It also eats NLS pellets. What else can I feed it?

I usually feed 2-3x/week but I don't want to overfeed and pollute my tank with nutrients, however, I also don't want to deprive the BTA of 'good' food sources.

I don't feed mine at all... but my clownfish do now and again... so I guess it is eating LRS food. Anything meaty will do the job.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

I don't feed mine at all... but my clownfish do now and again... so I guess it is eating LRS food. Anything meaty will do the job.

My clowns completely ignore the BTA lol

I got my ocellaris at Petco so I'm not sure how good they are at hosting nems

16 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

My clowns completely ignore the BTA lol

I got my ocellaris at Petco so I'm not sure how good they are at hosting nems

Has nothing to do with where you got them. The nem hosts the clowns, not the other way around. They either will or they won’t or they’ll ignore it for a few years and then discover it. If someone came up with a sure fire way to make it happen they’d publish it in a book or paid site and get richish. 

As far as the food, the meaty foods you’re using should be fine. Lighting is as, if not more important. What do I know really though? I had one for nearly a year that just kind of wasted away over the course of a week or two... ####ing brainless invertebrates. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Has nothing to do with where you got them. The nem hosts the clowns, not the other way around. They either will or they won’t or they’ll ignore it for a few years and then discover it. If someone came up with a sure fire way to make it happen they’d publish it in a book or paid site and get richish. 

As far as the food, the meaty foods you’re using should be fine. Lighting is as, if not more important. What do I know really though? I had one for nearly a year that just kind of wasted away over the course of a week or two... ####ing brainless invertebrates. 

I'm running Current USA Orbit on mine 🙉

squamptonbc

I don't specifically feed mine. I feed the entire tank and it gets fed that way, every meal time for the fish, I see several pieces of food get picked up by the anemone and eaten

• Thanks 1