Top Shelf Aquatics

Potter’s SPS (CLEAR MY RACKS!) Sale:

HarryPotter

3 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Got a 100 more specimen containers! It’s my favorite way to ship- I float the coral upside down in the container, the Frag plug stuck in a piece of styrofoam. If it’s too big for the container I use a bag with the same foam method.

The containers are 20 cents a pop, sooooooo worth it. It is so easy compared to quadruple bagging something. Plus, they are sterile and come within a sticker that shows if the container was opened (I don’t use that, but kind of cool). 

I ship using 12x12x12 boxes, which I line with 3/4 foam insulation. No air gaps, I cut the foam using a table saw. After putting in the corals I fill any free space with packing peanuts, may add a hot/cold pack depending on the temperature, weigh it, and print out the label! 

D5TjU3x.jpg

Plus now every box contains a free bonus "sample"! 🤪

Joking aside, that's an awesome way to ship frags. Makes a ton of sense. 

the camaro show

Nice but I think you should reevaluate your life if your judging people on being new on here and not having a ton of posts. I have been keeping reefs for 7 years and acros for 6 years so I’m not new to the hobby.

HarryPotter
57 minutes ago, the camaro show said:

Nice but I think you should reevaluate your life if your judging people on being new on here and not having a ton of posts. I have been keeping reefs for 7 years and acros for 6 years so I’m not new to the hobby.

VQfznpr.jpg

HarryPotter
30 minutes ago, rfalk said:

Do you still have frags left?

Long answer-  Im trying to raise some funds to get a replacement apex, my Apex LITE kind of bit the dust. My two EB8s function with my existing programming, but I have no access to the brain. I have tried a brand new display and no effect- I can't adjust dosing, lighting, or monitor anything. The controller is from 2010 and I got it used, so I can't really complain. 

So, short answer yes, I have lots more frags. 

Yellow tort (its green), red planet, red Millipora, green slimer, red montipora, green montipora, Christmas montipora, sunset montipora. And a couple of those unnamed ones. 

HarryPotter
1 minute ago, the camaro show said:

Look into the newly released apex el it’s the entry level apex

I don't like the EL. They just took away features from the full version. Only difference from a 10 year old apex classic is that it has integrated wifi and individual outlet power monitoring. Neither of which are worth the $$ IMO. Especially when I have 16 functioning outlets. 

If anything, I would get the Apex 2016 head unit and use it with my existing EB8s. Heck, I could probably get an apex JR and connect it to my EB8s. Would still have wifi using my existing adapter. But that prevents me from using their newer products, in the long run an Apex TRIDENT would be fantastic. 

HarryPotter
9 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Any of these good for a first SPS?

Absolutely, especially the montipora. They are more forgiving than acros for sure. They grow insanely in my tank, so the frags are reaaaaaal chunky. I happen to be shipping out a box on Wednesday- if Thursday morning delivery would work for you, we could make an especially good intro pack 🙂

Plating montipora frags are about this size: 

vYTEWMp.jpg

But my encrusting frags smaller because they tend to break up when I cut pieces off the rock work. They are still healthy, colorful  &  growing, but they are about 3/4" x 3/4". 

Nano Nano Boo Boo
2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Absolutely, especially the montipora. They are more forgiving than acros for sure. They grow insanely in my tank, so the frags are reaaaaaal chunky. I happen to be shipping out a box on Wednesday- if Thursday morning delivery would work for you, we could make an especially good intro pack 🙂 

Well now I’m intrigued! This sounds doable. 

HarryPotter
2 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Well now I’m intrigued! This sounds doable. 

I edited my post above with a photo 

Why don't you PM me your zip code so I can get a shipping estimate and then shoot you a quote? 🙂 

3 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

They grow insanely in my tank, so the frags are reaaaaaal chunky. 

@Nano Nano Boo Boo.  He is telling the truth, they are chunky chunks! Healthiest plating coral I have now! ☺️

94BD25B6-193E-404E-9CDF-AD995CA794F5.thumb.jpeg.5deac001e255097fe5d81a7405afc2ed.jpeg

Man if I had a place in my tank I'd happily pick some of these up.

You wouldn't happen to have a small frag rack available too would you? :lol:

HarryPotter
8 minutes ago, Droy008 said:

Man if I had a place in my tank I'd happily pick some of these up.

You wouldn't happen to have a small frag rack available too would you? :lol:

I can't tell if this is a reference to the 3d printed frag racks I use when I meet people locally-- the Tupperware one. 🤔

Brown was ugly, I use white or blue now. 

8WeuSyX.jpg

2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I can't tell if this is a reference to the 3d printed frag racks I use when I meet people locally-- the Tupperware one. 🤔

Brown was ugly, I use white or blue now. 

8WeuSyX.jpg

lol, it wasn't a reference nor jest. I literally have no space in my tank for anything more, but I figure if I put a magnetic rack on the glass I might be able to squeeze a few famous H.P. sps in there! 😄

HarryPotter
6 hours ago, KW NANOREEF said:

Somewhat. Just need to know how much. I need something under $35

Budget reefers are my favorite.  I’ve been there. If you’re combined shipping, I can send ya three or four corals, different types of montipora and/or an acro to try

KW NANOREEF
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Budget reefers are my favorite.  I’ve been there. If you’re combined shipping, I can send ya three or four corals, different types of montipora and/or an acro to try

Ohhhh I would love to try an acro! I’ve always wanted one and this is my chance! I will PM.

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions