Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nuvo 16 questions

Joevember

I'm trying to find a good nano tank andI just found a nuvo 16 in my area for $25. The seller says it holds water and has a pump. I know the tank came out in 2011, so I'm not sure if it is that great. Is this a good tank to pick up? Anyone have any luck or any problems with it? 

5 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Yes, glass shattered at the weakest point (curved corner). IM had bad track record with that tank.

Thanks, I've seen some reviews of people saying that. And since it's so old it would be more prone to breaking. Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, burtbollinger said:

couldnt pay me to set one up in an area i didnt want flooded.

Well it’s a good time of year for a back deck reef. Watch fish while you grill and save money on the lighting. 

• Haha 1

Mine cracked sitting outside with sand and water just enough to cover the sand. Cracked around the curved corner down the side to the back. Didn't realize they were so prone to cracking until I did a google search. That's probably why it's only $25.

2 hours ago, AquaVaj said:

Mine cracked sitting outside with sand and water just enough to cover the sand. Cracked around the curved corner down the side to the back. Didn't realize they were so prone to cracking until I did a google search. That's probably why it's only $25.

Yeah, $25 is a lot cheaper than the other tanks they have. I found a 25 gallon IM lagoon with stand for $150 and a 20 gallon fusion for $125. Probably going to buy the 25 for the extra tank size.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Captain30L said:

go as big as possible from the start!

Already did that with my 65g. Looking to start up another smaller tank this time lol