Top Shelf Aquatics

Mistake drilling brand new tank

TotesMaGoat

TotesMaGoat

I got my aquamaxx 48 delivered today. Decided to drill for my modular marine overflow this evening. Somehow, someway, half way through drilling the first hole I realized I had it in the wrong corner..... so need some advice. Hole is 1.75” which is also the recommended hole for 3/4” schedule 80 bulkhead. Absolutely hate the gray sch. 80 though. Should I cross cross plumbing and keep drain as is, or use a schedule 80 for the return and put the overflow on correct side?

only issue I’d have with crossing the plumbing to get the it to the correct side of the sump (emerald 26) is that I was planning to leave back glass clear.

TotesMaGoat

Just going to use a 3/4” schedule 80 bulkhead and drill for overflow on other side. It’s big and kind of unsightly but I think it’s a better option than crossing the plumbing

Use some Krylon Fusion Spray paint:

Image result for krylon fussion spray paint

Here's a couple pieces of plumbing that I painted:

011811a.jpg

Supposedly, it's reef safe once cured.  Another option might be to grow some GSP over the return's bulkhead. :unsure:

• Like 1
TotesMaGoat
4 hours ago, seabass said:

Use some Krylon Fusion Spray paint:

Image result for krylon fussion spray paint

Here's a couple pieces of plumbing that I painted:

011811a.jpg

Supposedly, it's reef safe once cured.  Another option might be to grow some GSP over the return's bulkhead. :unsure:

I had seen some stuff about that. I also used to use rit dye for plastic RC truck parts that worked really well but not sure how it’d hold up in a marine environment

Christopher Marks

Nice find @seabass, I never considered that!

It's the same PVC primer that would be used otherwise when assembling tank plumbing, just with a little tint. Seems like it couldn't be any worse than what we already do?

• Like 1