Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NanoBox Mini Basic : On/Off Nano/Pico Light

DaveFason

Hey guys,

With a surge of WiFi and Bluetooth enabled devices some people want a easy to use solution. Simply plug into a wall timer and that is it! 

Specs

NanoBox 2015 Body - Black 

Gooseneck 9" or 15"

NanoBox V3.1 Array - 14K color - Nice blue pop with just the right amount of white

Single plug design 

PAR : Softies, LPS, monti, anemones 

Price : $125 shipped! 

Picture :

19726126783_9876a9b4b3_c.jpgtideblackgoose25 by David Fason, on Flickr

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Very cool. Of course I am thinking someone should swap the driver and have a sliding dimmer integrated into the lid 🤪

Dimming is just one more thing to add. Literally set and forget! 

-Dave

• Like 1

Is this going to be a a regular item or a one time thing? I may need a cheap light for a QT tank that will have corals in it for a couple months.

5 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Love this! 

What tank dimensions would this cover? 

You could get away with a 15" cube or smaller.

1 hour ago, NanoTrav said:

Is this going to be a a regular item or a one time thing? I may need a cheap light for a QT tank that will have corals in it for a couple months.

These will be limited for the time being. If they do well, they will be a regular thing. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NanoTrav said:

26 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

You could get away with a 15" cube or smaller.

These will be limited for the time being. If they do well, they will be a regular thing. 

I was gonna ask the same thing. That price includes a gooseneck too?

@DaveFason you’re gonna sell these faster than you can make them. Keep us updated on how they sell. 

Edit it to add: and keep saying they’re “limited” and they’ll sell even faster. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

So without a dimmer would this be ok over a teeny sub-3-gallon pico?  For mostly softies and LPS cus I kill SPS. :rolleyes:

Would be one hell of a light over a 3 gallon...……….

I am running a single over my 14 IM right now and love it...……..I use a older tide for my fuge on my big tank...……...

I love the nanobox lights and the retros well they are the shit!!!!!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Would be one hell of a light over a 3 gallon...……….

I am running a single over my 14 IM right now and love it...……..I use a older tide for my fuge on my big tank...……...

I love the nanobox lights and the retros well they are the shit!!!!!

If I got it maybe I could stick it on my new IM14 and put the AI Prime over the pico! :lol:  I've wanted a NanoBox light for a while buuuuut my budget don't stretch that far lol.

@DaveFason what is total wattage of this light? I am thinking of using something like this for my pico (3G) which is running on A80 right now. Any chance this could be made dimmable (external controlled with 5 or 10v pwm ?)

13 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

If I got it maybe I could stick it on my new IM14 and put the AI Prime over the pico! :lol:  I've wanted a NanoBox light for a while buuuuut my budget don't stretch that far lol.

That's what I a, doing right now...……….works great!!!!

Prime on the pico would work great...…….I had a prime over a 20 and didn't like it one bit......

• Like 3
debbeach13

This sounds so good. Plug and play is what I need. Sounds like 2 would cover an old fashion 20L tank (measures 30" across) or if successful will you consider some of the larger fixtures?

• Like 1
22 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

crazy good price!  i like the simplicity better than having a wifi unit.  

Thanks! I agree. On my IM10 and planted tank the drivers are only on/off. I wont lie I am thinking of doing it on the reefer too! 

22 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

I was gonna ask the same thing. That price includes a gooseneck too?

@DaveFason you’re gonna sell these faster than you can make them. Keep us updated on how they sell. 

Edit it to add: and keep saying they’re “limited” and they’ll sell even faster. 

Yep it does! I hope they sell. 😄

16 hours ago, Indiana Reefin said:

Any plans for making this in a duo or quad? I would be interested in the near future 

I would love to for the Duo. Hit me up I can work something up for you. 

15 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

So without a dimmer would this be ok over a teeny sub-3-gallon pico?  For mostly softies and LPS cus I kill SPS. :rolleyes:

100%. Really made for it!

15 hours ago, Ranjib said:

@DaveFason what is total wattage of this light? I am thinking of using something like this for my pico (3G) which is running on A80 right now. Any chance this could be made dimmable (external controlled with 5 or 10v pwm ?)

I will take readings. No go on dimming. Really wanted to dumb everything down. It will be like the A80 but a better color rendition ( IMO ).

15 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Well this is tempting! Does it use a fan?

No fan. 😄

3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

This sounds so good. Plug and play is what I need. Sounds like 2 would cover an old fashion 20L tank (measures 30" across) or if successful will you consider some of the larger fixtures?

Two would work or one Duo Basic. Hit me up! 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

Great price point.  Are the led’s just blue and white or the full array?  Any photos of it in action?

Looks to be the full array... Mints and all

A Little Blue
9 hours ago, DaveFason said:

I will take readings. No go on dimming. Really wanted to dumb everything down. It will be like the A80 but a better color rendition ( IMO ).

Is a “no go on dimming” based on price point or design characteristics of this light? Ability to acclimate coral to light intensity is kind of a big deal.

(Seeing A/B comparison to A80 would be nice. 100% Intensity and color rendition)

If dimming is not a possibility, perhaps a better mounting option could be a solution? 

Perhaps a bracket that could work with third party mounting arms? 

And final question: is this light available without gooseneck arm? 

11 hours ago, Type-H20 said:

Great price point.  Are the led’s just blue and white or the full array?  Any photos of it in action?

Same array that is in all NanoBox units. You will get royal blue, blue, cyan, violet, white, mint. 

11 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Looks to be the full array... Mints and all

Yep!

9 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Hmmmm I will definitely be keeping this in mind, can't get right now as I just bought a new tank lol.

Awesome. Save da pennies. 

8 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Is a “no go on dimming” based on price point or design characteristics of this light? Ability to acclimate coral to light intensity is kind of a big deal.

(Seeing A/B comparison to A80 would be nice. 100% Intensity and color rendition)

If dimming is not a possibility, perhaps a better mounting option could be a solution? 

Perhaps a bracket that could work with third party mounting arms? 

And final question: is this light available without gooseneck arm? 

I could make it dim however that will need a new board, driver housing, etc. Something I do not want invest in along with the current line already having dimming, wireless control, etc.  Before lights dimmed everything was ON/OFF. I can tell you that you will not need to acclimate the corals. Just plug and play. 

As for mounting I am using the same mount that I use on the NBR line. Gooseneck with adjustable bracket. It will only be available with gooseneck. 

The point of this light is to keep it simple. This is something I believe people have forgotten. 

This is the prototype I have been using for ~ 5 months now. This has been over my office IM10. I have softies, LPS, rock anemones and a few others. 

27965105198_5f3a695959_c.jpgOfficeFTS by David Fason, on Flickr

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Indiana Reefin

I was thinking about a duo in this light configuration over my 29 gallon standard 30” X 12” X 24” for just zoas and flower anemones. Would this do the trick? 

Just now, Indiana Reefin said:

I was thinking about a duo over my 29 gallon standard 30” X 12” X 24” for just zoas and flower anemones. Would thi do the trick? 

Would this light do the trick, no.