inTank Media Baskets

Me new RedSea Nano Max in Portugal!

Ricardo Carpinteiro

Ricardo Carpinteiro

Hello, 

My name is Ricardo and i live in Portugal.

I received this week my new RedSea Nano Max with black cabinet.

I here to lear with you nano reef experts and share my experiences.

I have some kilos of dry rock and 9kgs of ATI Fiji White Sand. Saturday i'm going to my LFS and get some sea water to fill the Nano.

Some of my questions:

- It's it better to invest some money and get a live sand package? Or i can save that money to other things?

- Heater, what do you recomend? It has to be small because the only space for it is under the skimmer.

- Jecod DP-4 Dosing, it's a good pump? It's recomend to start dosing since the 1st day?

- Circulation pump? I have here an old Tunze 6015, it's enough? I really like the MP10 because the fact that it is cordless, but the price here is around 310€!!! Toooo muchhh!!!

Any other recomendation?

IMG-8656.thumb.JPG.e12694b836593833174fe677e0bd5e04.JPGIMG-8660.thumb.JPG.1539307c0a1b884a233cf81c58389504.JPG

FE09AED6-7BE2-4B47-9B16-18BA18F591C0.thumb.JPG.619a96da69625c4555c224135530dd3e.JPGB1C57B86-60D1-4670-92F0-96B2A577F56C.thumb.JPG.31c2ce9cc8cd2cccea0917c02257550c.JPG

Regards

Ricardo

burtbollinger
  • no need for live sand package.
  • no dosing...use a good salt mix.  dose once you have a good amount of corals and need to keep your alk. up and stable in between water changes.  important if doing LPS or SPS...
  • the pump should be fine for now.
  • i'd get an eheim jager heater and pair it with an Inkbird temp. controller.
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, burtbollinger said:
  • no need for live sand package.
  • no dosing...use a good salt mix.  dose once you have a good amount of corals and need to keep your alk. up and stable in between water changes.  important if doing LPS or SPS...
  • the pump should be fine for now.
  • i'd get an eheim jager heater and pair it with an Inkbird temp. controller.

Agreed.. the cobalt neotherm heater is popular and is smaller in size .. it does cost more money but a alternative if the jager is too long

• 1 year later...