ReefCleaners.org

MetroKat's Reefer: Need About Tree Fiddy

metrokat

This guy is extra salty

Great tank and can’t wait to see more

i followed you on the Instagram:STL_corallivore 

How are you liking  the Red Sea V3 sump? I have a similar sump for my 750xxl, did you get rid of the sock and go with cups or?

On 8/5/2018 at 9:34 PM, StinkyBunny said:

Now I know what the hell that thing is. I watched one in my 50 cube kill and eat a limpet the other night. Looks like he's gonna go have a date with Stripey, he's a stone cold mollusc killa. This being Stripey.

gQlznES.jpg

Waves at The Kat Lady whilst waiting impatiently for Vietnam to arrive.

I was a snail killer and fed 2 of them to the tank. Don't ask me how. Stripey is cute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, tibbsy07 said:

Man, looking at all the new hardware available in this hobby... It's like a whole new reef world in the short time I've been gone. How do you decide on things??

You know it's gonna be a budget thing. But Marine Depot also offers financing. So if you can't wait forever to get the next piece of equipment there is the financing.

21 hours ago, sna66 said:

Sweet, I recently moved to a bigger reef as well, picked up a Reefer 250 and love it, still a nano some might say, but I did the build thread elsewhere 

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/rich’s-reefer-250.408052/#post-4916421

Hey congrats! The reefers are great tanks for sure.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Great tank and can’t wait to see more

i followed you on the Instagram:STL_corallivore 

How are you liking  the Red Sea V3 sump? I have a similar sump for my 750xxl, did you get rid of the sock and go with cups or?

Hi there- I value organic followers - so thank you for following me on IG.

I turned the ATO into a fuge but to be honest I am over it. My Japanese cherry pistol is in there so I am considering whether or not to remove him and his stuff to the fuge section of the sump. I also have 2 HH urchins in there. Over-all the sump is a good one - the right angle in the return makes a big drop in the flow rate though.

• Like 3
vegasgundog

Very awesome metrokat, I'm glad I came out of hiding in time to follow along. My heart broke when you opened the boxes. So happy Red sea took such good care of you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, metrokat said:

You know it's gonna be a budget thing. But Marine Depot also offers financing. So if you can't wait forever to get the next piece of equipment there is the financing.

Oh yeah budgets are always key, I'm just talking about the sheer number of new lights, pumps, etc.! So many new toys...

Tank this morning.

The left side is coming along, every time I get in there to glue down corals I end up removing more rock so there is less room for corals.

I have to remove the leather and palys, xenia and also the rock in the front to make the left side the look that I am trying to go for. That means I have to make some tough decisions about the corals I just named. 😞 

819794031267291676.thumb.jpg.3604fd3ecbab11826d80ead424f7338e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 3
This guy is extra salty
12 hours ago, metrokat said:

Hi there- I value organic followers - so thank you for following me on IG.

I turned the ATO into a fuge but to be honest I am over it. My Japanese cherry pistol is in there so I am considering whether or not to remove him and his stuff to the fuge section of the sump. I also have 2 HH urchins in there. Over-all the sump is a good one - the right angle in the return makes a big drop in the flow rate though.

Hm I haven’t look at my sump in a while are you talking about the adjustable baffle before the return? (Have you thought about putting in a larger return pump?) for better flow rates? Have you considered adding an additional power head pointed towards the return? It helped a bunch moving the stagnant water away from the corner

I also have my dc return running at 50% but then again my sump is “40gallons” 😂 

i don’t keep any livestock in my “refugium” area cause I literally have like a 6inch strip and would be cruel if I kept anything in there except the two snails 🐌 and chaeto...

650D4A64-C811-409E-B86D-965CE2562B1D.jpeg

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, vegasgundog said:

Very awesome metrokat, I'm glad I came out of hiding in time to follow along. My heart broke when you opened the boxes. So happy Red sea took such good care of you. 

Hi there - how was life under a live rock? Red Sea customer service was exceptional. 

8 hours ago, Sancho said:

Sup girl 😎 New tank looks fantastic.  

Thanks Sancho - are we having beer at MACNA?

1 hour ago, Pinner Reef said:

[Wanders in]

Sup Chica!?!

'sup Pinner - how is the new city?

1 hour ago, tibbsy07 said:

Oh yeah budgets are always key, I'm just talking about the sheer number of new lights, pumps, etc.! So many new toys...

Narrow by budget.

4 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Hm I haven’t look at my sump in a while are you talking about the adjustable baffle before the return? (Have you thought about putting in a larger return pump?) for better flow rates? Have you considered adding an additional power head pointed towards the return? It helped a bunch moving the stagnant water away from the corner

I also have my dc return running at 50% but then again my sump is “40gallons” 😂 

i don’t keep any livestock in my “refugium” area cause I literally have like a 6inch strip and would be cruel if I kept anything in there except the two snails 🐌 and chaeto...

650D4A64-C811-409E-B86D-965CE2562B1D.jpeg

I'm working on the pump sich. I have a reactor in the corner so that adds a bit of flow there. Plus I have the pump that puts water into the fuge. Moving the ATO is problematic - I like having a nice open sump which is another reason to remove the ATO/Fuge. Juu the pistol will be just fine in the adjustable baffle section. He's a big guy but all he wants to do is dig around and snap at things.

• Haha 1
vegasgundog
2 hours ago, metrokat said:

Hi there - how was life under a live rock? Red Sea customer service was exceptional. 

I didn't realize it's been over a year since I posted, wow. I don't like to complain. But a lot happened, mostly laziness with highs and lows. I wont disrupt your thread with mine. 😊

1 hour ago, vegasgundog said:

I didn't realize it's been over a year since I posted, wow. I don't like to complain. But a lot happened, mostly laziness with highs and lows. I wont disrupt your thread with mine. 😊

You can always post cute furball pictures to make up for it - it's okay.

• Haha 1
StinkyBunny
11 hours ago, metrokat said:

I'm working on the pump sich. I have a reactor in the corner so that adds a bit of flow there. Plus I have the pump that puts water into the fuge. Moving the ATO is problematic - I like having a nice open sump which is another reason to remove the ATO/Fuge. Juu the pistol will be just fine in the adjustable baffle section. He's a big guy but all he wants to do is dig around and snap at things.

Juu can always come live here, I has plenty of space for him but I think he's one of your special critters. I gotta text you tomorrow, I opened up a BIG ole can-o-worms with one of the brokers, lol.

2 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Juu can always come live here, I has plenty of space for him but I think he's one of your special critters. I gotta text you tomorrow, I opened up a BIG ole can-o-worms with one of the brokers, lol.

Onoes! You trouble maker you. Yeah text me.

Juu is a special critter yes. I'd put him in the display but I was kind of hoping to have a bunch of gobies and pistols in the display. I couldn't do that with Juu also in the main tank in my previous build. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, metrokat said:

Thanks Sancho - are we having beer at MACNA?

Hells yeah your my ticket to the cool kids :lol: I wouldn’t have it any other way. Hopefully they don’t serve oysters 🤮

• Haha 2
On 8/7/2018 at 9:52 PM, Sancho said:

Hells yeah your my ticket to the cool kids :lol: I wouldn’t have it any other way. Hopefully they don’t serve oysters 🤮

Those were the best oysters I have ever had (and they were actually the first time I ate oysters because it's not a food I enjoy truthfully) - but I thought I mentioned, had them the first night I was there, was so good had them again the next night!

On 8/12/2018 at 8:59 AM, StinkyBunny said:

You mean bait or fish food? 😄

He's talking about NOLA. I was eating Drago's Charbroiled oysters - god my mouth is watering again!

22 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Are you happy with the coverage of a 36" unit over the 350? 

What NB program are you running? 

🙂 

The sides are darker of course even though the diagram for the light spread shows the corners getting light too - it's still not the cooking light that you get right under the fixture. On the SPS side I have to keep that in mind when I glue down corals on the side, I have low light tolerant stylo there and zoas, so should be okay. Anyway - I am happy overall.

23 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Those were the best oysters I have ever had (and they were actually the first time I ate oysters because it's not a food I enjoy truthfully) - but I thought I mentioned, had them the first night I was there, was so good had them again the next night!

He's talking about NOLA. I was eating Drago's Charbroiled oysters - god my mouth is watering again!

My buddy's dad always said "I ain't eating the bait." Pop didn't even eat shrimp, lol. I'd have to try them before I render a decision.

• Haha 1
On 8/7/2018 at 10:16 AM, metrokat said:

Tank this morning.

The left side is coming along, every time I get in there to glue down corals I end up removing more rock so there is less room for corals.

I have to remove the leather and palys, xenia and also the rock in the front to make the left side the look that I am trying to go for. That means I have to make some tough decisions about the corals I just named. 😞 

819794031267291676.thumb.jpg.3604fd3ecbab11826d80ead424f7338e.jpg

Not tough. Just give 'em to me.