Coral Vue Hydros

All In One Tanks : Lighting Idea

DaveFason

Hey guys, 

I get numerous emails a week about customers contemplating about a NanoBox unit or RETRO kit for their AIO tank. A new customer sent me a picture of his Biocube that uses a NanoBox Mini Tide. I thought this was a great idea and wanted to pass this along. 

IMG_20180527_123406IMG_20180521_120925IMG_20180527_115547IMG_20180527_115451

Enjoy! 

-Dave

• Like 5
9 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Hey guys, 

I get numerous emails a week about customers contemplating about a NanoBox unit or RETRO kit for their AIO tank. A new customer sent me a picture of his Biocube that uses a NanoBox Mini Tide. I thought this was a great idea and wanted to pass this along. 

IMG_20180527_123406IMG_20180521_120925IMG_20180527_115547IMG_20180527_115451

Enjoy! 

-Dave

That is a super clean looking install! 

You're the expert @DaveFason and, I’ve never owned one of your lights. I was wondering, in your opinion, if the tank above would have better coverage if he/she a: lowered the light to be closer to the opening or, b: just removed the hood totally and kept at the same height? Either way, that is a fresh and clean way of doing it. 

9A5B3805-D442-4C63-9960-0CCD31DFAC59.gif

• Like 1
12 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

That is a super clean looking install! 

You're the expert @DaveFason and, I’ve never owned one of your lights. I was wondering, in your opinion, if the tank above would have better coverage if he/she a: lowered the light to be closer to the opening or, b: just removed the hood totally and kept at the same height? Either way, that is a fresh and clean way of doing it. 

Lowering would help light demanding corals. Most people with AIO tanks like these generally house pretty simple corals. 

26 minutes ago, jamescstein said:

@DaveFason Any benefit to doing it this way, even lowered to a retrofit inside the hood? Other than possibly the heat aspect of it?

Benefit by using a normal NanoBox unit opposed to a RETRO kit? If so, yes just due to being able to use on other tanks if someone were to switch. 

Heat really is not an issue with the kits or units. 

-D

banasophia

That’s really nice! So do you sell the full lid/light setup? I see older Biocubes on Craigslist all the time...if I could pick up a lid/light like this for a resonable price to pop on one, that would be great. There’s no way I would be able to cut the lid and make something like that myself... at least not one that would look so sleek and professional.

2 hours ago, banasophia said:

That’s really nice! So do you sell the full lid/light setup? I see older Biocubes on Craigslist all the time...if I could pick up a lid/light like this for a resonable price to pop on one, that would be great. There’s no way I would be able to cut the lid and make something like that myself... at least not one that would look so sleek and professional.

I sell a DIY kit for all AIO tanks. 

https://nanobox-reef.myshopify.com/collections/nanobox-retro-kits/products/nanobox-retro-kit