inTank Media Baskets

Innovative Marine Contest Winner! (Reviving my Seahorse thread)

hinnenkm

On 1/26/2020 at 8:17 PM, Seadragon said:

Your ponies are so amazing!  Whenever I saw them holding onto each other, I just had to play this song in the background:

Just now seeing this, but I appreciate the comment and video all the same!!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Since we are moving towards virtual learning for our students, I have been spending a lot of time at home and have been working by the seahorse tank. No matter how much time I spend watching them, they always captivate me! The tank is still cruising, plenty of bubble algae and I know I could up my water changes to try and get rid of it, but no nitrates are detectable and the ponies are happy, so I'm not too worried about it. 

I had lost my male pipefish a couple months ago and now that there might be more availability on some captive bred ones, I'm hoping to get a new partner for my female. It was so cool to see the male holding eggs! Never saw him release babies though.... 

I would love to see some other seahorse set ups to get ideas and/or just see what other people have done, thanks!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daan6661 said:

I would love a mandarin in my nano. How do you keep yours fed? 

He's a captive bred one, so was already eating frozen 🙂 Plus, being in the seahorse tank, he gets fed several times a day (which they need regardless of the tank they're in). They are one of my favorite fish and overall are pretty hardy once they're eating well.

• Like 2

Between grad school and teaching full time, it's been a LONG stretch since I've updated anything on here. I love looking at other people's threads and builds, but don't ever feel like there is time to post my own updates. I am fairly active on Instagram though and there are a lot of posts about my seahorse tank 🙂 For those of you on here though, here's the most recent update!

I've loved Innovative Marine aquariums for a long time and have had several different models of their tanks. I also really appreciate their generosity with all of the contests they do! In one of the most recent contests for the Nuvo Fusion 30L with white APS stand, I decided to put my name on the list. Well, I did it and forgot about it...

One day, I was looking in my email and saw 'congratulations, you've won...' - which I couldn't quite believe. Well, long story short, the tank and stand came within the week and my seahorses got an upgrade! This has been a really fun aquarium so far, the ponies are liking the extra room, I don't have to worry about them needing a super tall tank because they're all females (so no spawning), and it gives me a chance to get some more livestock!

At the store I work at, we had some of the old Innovative Marine lights laying around and it seemed that they would be perfect for this application. Additionally, with the Mighty Jet pump, I don't necessarily need more flow, but since the new Nero 3 came out, I decided to go with one of those! (I am running a Nero 5 on my 30L EXT and love it)!

Anyhow, here's an update (and maybe I will actually keep on track with updating this?!).

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
7 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

Between grad school and teaching full time, it's been a LONG stretch since I've updated anything on here. I love looking at other people's threads and builds, but don't ever feel like there is time to post my own updates. I am fairly active on Instagram though and there are a lot of posts about my seahorse tank 🙂 For those of you on here though, here's the most recent update!

I've loved Innovative Marine aquariums for a long time and have had several different models of their tanks. I also really appreciate their generosity with all of the contests they do! In one of the most recent contests for the Nuvo Fusion 30L with white APS stand, I decided to put my name on the list. Well, I did it and forgot about it...

One day, I was looking in my email and saw 'congratulations, you've won...' - which I couldn't quite believe. Well, long story short, the tank and stand came within the week and my seahorses got an upgrade! This has been a really fun aquarium so far, the ponies are liking the extra room, I don't have to worry about them needing a super tall tank because they're all females (so no spawning), and it gives me a chance to get some more livestock!

At the store I work at, we had some of the old Innovative Marine lights laying around and it seemed that they would be perfect for this application. Additionally, with the Mighty Jet pump, I don't necessarily need more flow, but since the new Nero 3 came out, I decided to go with one of those! (I am running a Nero 5 on my 30L EXT and love it)!

Anyhow, here's some updated pictures (and maybe I will actually keep on track with updating this?!).

Congrats on the win! 🙂 

• Like 2