Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Duncan eating cleaner shrimp.

Micro

No, this is not a shrimp eating my duncan situation. I came home from work today to find my duncan was eating the shrimp!

20180525_183656.thumb.jpg.76458a8cbf7c0122b62d0e5dc0242a14.jpg

I suppose I'm glad I saw it happen rather than fruitlessly trying to figure out where the shrimp had gone.

20180525_183134.thumb.jpg.8b25a1f59c75af5efb5c1c502da61a69.jpg

I seriously doubt the duncan killed the little guy, but that coral won't be hungry anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Wow 4
37 minutes ago, Micro said:

No, this is not a shrimp eating my duncan situation. I came home from work today to find my duncan was eating the shrimp!

20180525_183656.thumb.jpg.76458a8cbf7c0122b62d0e5dc0242a14.jpg

I suppose I'm glad I saw it happen rather than fruitlessly trying to figure out where the shrimp had gone.

20180525_183134.thumb.jpg.8b25a1f59c75af5efb5c1c502da61a69.jpg

I seriously doubt the duncan killed the little guy, but that coral won't be hungry anytime soon.

That coral did you a favor. Those shrimps are horrible and way over priced. Barely 2 grams of meat for twenty bucks?! Get outta here. 

• Haha 3

I wish it was the molt.  I'm fairly sure the female Clarkii either wounded or killed him. She's been getting pretty rough with him lately. She pulled the head out of the corals mouth later last night and had the leftovers.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
jamescstein
5 hours ago, Micro said:

I wish it was the molt.  I'm fairly sure the female Clarkii either wounded or killed him. She's been getting pretty rough with him lately. She pulled the head out of the corals mouth later last night and had the leftovers.

Maybe the Clarkii tossed him to the Ducan.

• Wow 1
54 minutes ago, jamescstein said:

Maybe the Clarkii tossed him to the Ducan.

Not unheard of with nems, and the Clarkii been using the duncan as a host. So, that's quite possible.

• Wow 1