Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MP10 vs IM Wavelink vs Aqamai Wave Pump

Stoops718

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2018 at 12:31 PM, A Little Blue said:

I have both. Older MP 10 - it’s fine but a little noisy. I use it for detritus control, creating current at the bottom of my tank (30g, no sand) and set at %20-25. 

I like my KPS pump. Good flow, very small and quiet. I run it on various modes throughout the day. From wave, random, smooth and constant modes to night mode that creates gentle flow at night. You can set up feeding time (single or multiple times). You can program multiple custom modes of your own or use one from a long list of presets. Using it is easy. People are having problem with initial setup. And it can be frustrating if you don’t know how to make it talk to your network. That’s the major complain that I have heard. Solution is very easy but not covered by instruction and it creates some confusion. If you get it, there are more the few of us in here to help you out with setup if needed. If you don’t wanna deal with that, get something simple but just as effective. 

Are the KPS modes documented anywhere ?   Like what is "Smooth" mode ?  How is it different than "Constant" ?   Or is it more like a smooth version of "Wave" ?

• 4 months later...
On 5/24/2018 at 9:46 AM, A Little Blue said:

You don’t have to turn off the pump at the power source for feeding. But you have to switch from your home network (on your phone) to KPS network. (You also have to turn off the “auto join” function of your main home WiFi network. Only than, connect to KPS network. Once connected, you can simply turn off your preset mode and that will pause the pump for about 10min. Pump kicks in after this period automatically. 

C4169B70-6FA2-44AD-B0C4-A64405015843.jpeg.150fef54d9674e4399d1dbbc80dc9b9c.jpeg

752EF0A1-E7FC-42FC-A110-E10F1E5486E0.thumb.jpeg.a0f53c7bc00df5f236007fa8eeca71d7.jpeg

You don’t need to do this once you add the Aqamai to your network. Connect to the Aqamai’s wifi network like you said at first. Click on the settings cog for the powerhead, then click on Network Connection. It will pull up a list of available networks and ask for your password. Once it connects switch back to your home network. After that you can connect to your powerhead from anywhere and you don’t have to disconnect from your home network.