Cultivated Reef

i need recommendations.

Lizbeth90

i have mainly lps in my tank torches, hammer, blastos, acans and trachys. everything is starting to look a little too green. any recommendations on what i can look for?

banasophia
28 minutes ago, Lizbeth90 said:

i have mainly lps in my tank torches, hammer, blastos, acans and trachys. everything is starting to look a little too green. any recommendations on what i can look for?

Ooh I’d love to help come up with ideas!!! Can you post a picture of your tank and tell us a little about it? 

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Lizbeth90 said:

Red acans

Mushrooms, orange or red, or blue ones.. theres a billion colors.

Cyphastria comes in orange/blue.

Zoa's come in every color under the sun.

Neon orange plate coral

Red favias

Leptoseris is a nice yellow. 

• Thanks 1
On 5/24/2018 at 12:50 AM, banasophia said:

Ooh I’d love to help come up with ideas!!! Can you post a picture of your tank and tell us a little about it? 

I sure will. After work I will take a picture and repost it. My tank in an innovative marine 20 I have like 10 pounds of dry rock and maybe like 8-10 pounds of sand. 

78 -F

8.4 alk

.025 salinity 

480- calcium 

8.2-  ph 

Nitrates 5ppm

• Like 1

550E4B41-5E74-48BE-AD93-D7D27FDD238E.thumb.jpeg.b9ca6753a0faa1a834e89a596cc3c31e.jpeg

I think I’m going to rearrange my torches. I also bought an elegance and it’s HUGE I did not expect it to be so large. It’s a beautiful piece but I  cant find space for it other than the middle. Can I move it with the torches and hammer? Or will they sting each other? Anyway as you can tell by the pic everything looks greeenish lol

banasophia
3 hours ago, Lizbeth90 said:

550E4B41-5E74-48BE-AD93-D7D27FDD238E.thumb.jpeg.b9ca6753a0faa1a834e89a596cc3c31e.jpeg

I think I’m going to rearrange my torches. I also bought an elegance and it’s HUGE I did not expect it to be so large. It’s a beautiful piece but I  cant find space for it other than the middle. Can I move it with the torches and hammer? Or will they sting each other? Anyway as you can tell by the pic everything looks greeenish lol

Ah, beautiful! And look at all that space you still have to work with!!! I think your elegance looks great where it is. I don’t think you can put it with the euphilias since it’s a different type of coral but maybe others can confirm. I did read that they are very aggressive, and do best when placed on the sandbed, but I don’t have any experience with them myself. 

I would go for some orange corals to bring in some other colors - an orange plate, orange mushrooms, an orange Lepto maybe. 

• Thanks 1

Elegance grows very large and torches have long sweepers. Torches can't be kept close to anything as they sting.

For reds and oranges there are plenty of options.

Blastos, acan, chalice, ricordeas