Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hey what's up everybody, just wanted to pop in and share my tank, it's just over 8 months now, it's mostly Lps with a few sps. 

Equipment
IM Nuvo 20
IKEA kallax stand
2x AI primeHD's 
Icecap 1k gyre 
2x custom daddy's running floss and carbon 
Eshopps nano skimmer
Smart ato micro 
DIY cheato reactor (TLF 150 reactor)

For livestock I have 
2 normal clowns
1 2 spot hogfish 

Corals 
Medium size blue maxima clam
Garf bonsai acro
Bali green slimer 
Scrambled egg zoas
Unknown plate coral 
Hollywood stunner chalice 
Few other unknown chalices that I picked up from wwc. 
Unknown war coral 
Green monti cap 
Ricordea Florida 
Jason Fox burning banana 
Unknown purple acro 

That's about it for now, here are a few pics of the setup and a few coral shots, hope you all enjoy. 

20180521_212908.jpg
20180521_212837.jpg
20180521_212731.jpg
IMG_20180521_195626_640.jpg
20180521_194929.jpg
20180521_194914.jpg
20180521_194901.jpg
20180521_194736.jpg
20180521_194701.jpg
20180521_194649.jpg
20180520_205622.jpg

• Like 2
banasophia

Wow, very nice! And good timing for me, too, as I was just taking measurements last night to see how well a 20G Nuvo would fit on an IKEA Kallax. I have my Biocube 16 on one, and I’m trying to persuade my husband we need a Nuvo on the other Kallax right next to it - your awesome pics may help, so thank you!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Wow, very nice! And good timing for me, too, as I was just taking measurements last night to see how well a 20G Nuvo would fit on an IKEA Kallax. I have my Biocube 16 on one, and I’m trying to persuade my husband we need a Nuvo on the other Kallax right next to it - your awesome pics may help, so thank you!!!

Thanks! The kallax is pretty spot on perfect for this tank, I love it. 

35 minutes ago, banasophia said:

I really love your plate coral! 😍😍😍

Thanks, my gf picked it out last black Friday, it's gone through some ups and downs, the plate skeleton it was on is actually popping out some more baby plates, which is odd because the babies are different colors, so we'll see. 

• Wow 1

One thing I also want to point out, tank is somewhat in a recovery mode at the moment, I'd say roughly 4-5 weeks ago I somehow got 10 gallons of freshwater from the LFS and did a 50% water change and lost quite a few acro frags. Tank seems to be recovering quite well, I've also been switching salt from Fritz to E.S.V which is super clean. 

• Wow 1
banasophia
9 minutes ago, CrazyEyes said:

One thing I also want to point out, tank is somewhat in a recovery mode at the moment, I'd say roughly 4-5 weeks ago I somehow got 10 gallons of freshwater from the LFS and did a 50% water change and lost quite a few acro frags. Tank seems to be recovering quite well, I've also been switching salt from Fritz to E.S.V which is super clean. 

Oh man, good argument for always checking salinity before using new water... I just started doing so more consistently after getting a Milwaukee digital refractometer.

Right, I've definitely made it a habit to check before doing water changes. The gyre has also helped tremendously with keeping detritus from under/on the rocks. 

• Like 1
banasophia
25 minutes ago, CrazyEyes said:

Thanks! The kallax is pretty spot on perfect for this tank, I love it. 

Thanks, my gf picked it out last black Friday, it's gone through some ups and downs, the plate skeleton it was on is actually popping out some more baby plates, which is odd because the babies are different colors, so we'll see. 

That is so cool that your plate is making babies! I’m going to need to read up on plate reproduction!! How many baby plates are we talking about? Will you have a full set of china soon? 😬😂 Sorry, couldn’t resist that one... so corny haha. 

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, CrazyEyes said:

Stopped in the LFS with one thing in mind, chalices, so I left with these.  

20180522_225058.jpg
20180522_225033.jpg
20180522_225005.jpg

Let us know how they fare in freshwater. 😉

Tank definitely took a hit with the freshwater water change but it's bouncing back, I almost sold it after that but I'm glad I didn't. So, these are the baby plates that are growing out the old plate skeleton, can't wait to see what they look like. 

20180523_214359.jpg
20180523_214348.jpg