ReefCleaners.org

ID this little bugger

Clayton From Australia

Clayton From Australia

Hey guys

just wondering if any detectives could get a positive ID on the little bugger for me. 

Maybe a baby nasurias snail?

It’s in my Red Sea Nano Max. 

Currentky only have 3 nausarius snails

2 Occelaris clowns 

1 yellow Assesor 

2 acans 2 small patches of Zoas and 

1 acropora

88D33C9A-818D-43AC-A72F-D1213ECED5B4.jpeg

MainelyReefer

Nudibranch for sure, sometimes they are the color of what they eat so hopefully it doesn't resemble any of your corals.  I would likely cull that one

• Like 1
Clayton From Australia

Dam you guys are good!

GraniteReefer you are spot on. It did resemble a very similar colour to some pink/red frills of my zoas.

he has now been sucked up a 10ml syringe and evicted accordingly

thanks guys

9593951C-E41D-4076-B96C-0D59B2FE63FE.jpeg

CarolinaShoreReef

I’ve got nudi in both of my tanks. Chances are, if you found that one, there will be more.  I have had them for about a month now and they don’t really cause as much trouble as they’re said too. Just pipette them out when you find them. If your zoas are closed up, look at their skirt. There may be one eating a zoa. Good luck. 

Clayton From Australia

I have noticed some of my zoas closed more than others, I think / hope it’s just my clown playing around them. Will lift them up and check under neath

16 hours ago, Clayton From Australia said:

Hey guys

just wondering if any detectives could get a positive ID on the little bugger for me. 

Maybe a baby nasurias snail?

It’s in my Red Sea Nano Max. 

Currentky only have 3 nausarius snails

2 Occelaris clowns 

1 yellow Assesor 

2 acans 2 small patches of Zoas and 

1 acropora

88D33C9A-818D-43AC-A72F-D1213ECED5B4.jpeg

+1 Max nano

Clayton From Australia

Hey guys, just an update, I coral dipped all my corals for ten minutes with the 2 little fishies product. They are all out and powering. Will give them another dose in a couple of weeks. Nothing fell out of any corals so hopefully no more Nudi or eggs

Keep hunting.  nudi's are sneaky bastards when they came in on a coral they eat.  Luckily though they are specific predators and only eat that one species of whatever, so in the very rare off chance you got a nudi that eats a different coral then what you have (read: RARE CHANCE) then they will just die out.

Keep hunting because they lay eggs in sneaky places around the coral they eat that can take days or weeks to hatch and you won't even notice until you have 20 to 100 more of the ####0rz eating your zoas.