inTank Media Baskets

coryscritch

coryscritch

hi guys about 10 years ago i had a 65 gallon reef that i loved! since moving to nyc i haven't set one up until now. which began as a very basic 10 gallon tank. a month in she started leaking which forced me to upgrade to something a little bigger but much nicer. so heres what i have.

tank

-IM nuvo 14 gallon

heater-cobalt 100w

lighting

-current orbit marine led (light works great for the price and what i have for now)

-finnex light (for refugium)

filtration

-purigen

-chemipure

-phosnet

i also have the algae barn nano refugium kit.

-finnex hob refugium 

i have about 17lbs of live rock i got from my LFS (pacific aquarium)

5lbs of live sand 

flow

-sicce .5 silent pump (stock pump was too loud)

nano koralia 

weekly water changes (about 2 gallons) 

the old tank is pictured first. i liked the rock work much more in the first tank. 

all together the tank is about 3 months old. 

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3611.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_9059.JPG

• Like 3

Very pretty!  These are great tanks.  There was a contest a year ago featuring this tank so you may find inspiration looking through those threads.

• Thanks 1
coryscritch
20 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Very pretty!  These are great tanks.  There was a contest a year ago featuring this tank so you may find inspiration looking through those threads.

Thanks! I can’t seem to find the thread. Anyway you could send it to me. 

22 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Looking great, I love the IM 14 tanks.

Thanks you. I love the glass 

• 4 weeks later...
coryscritch

Everything seems to be growing and doing well. Noticing Very nice purple coraline growth on the glass. Also added a nice little Kenya tree. Finally caught the black ice clown! She was so mean to the other one and cause mayhem in the tank. I ended up adding a 6 line wrasse, which gets along well with my other clown. 

5AB678AB-FFD8-4DCF-9CA7-8063471B6FE9.jpeg

B9DFBC7B-3A31-4E73-8D08-140D9A4957AD.jpeg

3C30CD47-17F5-4427-84F5-A4E1D0AB84C4.jpeg

5B166FFD-5081-4CD0-A695-2073A7DC84C3.jpeg

On 5/23/2018 at 1:22 AM, coryscritch said:

Thanks! I can’t seem to find the thread. Anyway you could send it to me. 

Thanks you. I love the glass 

Do a search for the 100 days of nano contest and see if you can find it that way. I don't have a link off hand. :smilie:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
coryscritch
17 hours ago, ClownFizz said:

Clowns must be hosting ur scoly. Hope ur scoly is ok with that. Esp when they start to get rough it

I actually had to take the one clown back because she was beating the hell out of the other one. But, yes my clown is hosting the scoly and is not affecting it at all! 😀

coryscritch
14 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Tank looks great!

Thanks! I actually went to the Seychelles for 10 days and came home to everything looking great. He only problem now if the diatoms on the sand bed which look terrible but the tank is pretty new so I think they will pass eventually 

Im in the process of a tank upgrade... due to the fact that i cant even go 1 week without a water change.

i had the same initially with my larger clownfish. After 2 weeks, they settled. Maybe because one is like 3x larger than the other.

one is hosting my green bta and the other a torch coral. So both r happy lol

tank is going well overall?

coryscritch
On 7/16/2018 at 8:02 PM, ClownFizz said:

Im in the process of a tank upgrade... due to the fact that i cant even go 1 week without a water change.

i had the same initially with my larger clownfish. After 2 weeks, they settled. Maybe because one is like 3x larger than the other.

one is hosting my green bta and the other a torch coral. So both r happy lol

tank is going well overall?

I'm going to run this tank for 2 years. when we move  ill setup a new tank. ill probably go back to a 65 with MH lighting. 

i had these two clown for over 2 months. there was no sign of settling. haha i had to take her back! i grabbed a 6line wrasse so i just have two fish. they enjoy each others company.  

tank is doing pretty good. everything is growing! lots a coralline going on. just a little algae bloom on the sand bed. i think it will pass in time.

• 1 year later...
coryscritch

I haven’t updated this in a while. I have an insane outbreak of vermitid snails. Tank has gone through many ups and downs. It looks “ok” right now. I decided to start over with a. Waterbox 45.2 and dry rock. The new tank will be here in the next couple of weeks 

177D708A-D182-4449-BEB5-5D84C8D2A852.jpeg

FDC41A02-D90E-4002-AE4D-86FD44BE2DA8.jpeg

C20B8E62-563A-40F8-9AB8-D08A157463B1.jpeg

26E6747A-B943-4D1C-A2ED-FA0DDA2746FD.jpeg