inTank Media Baskets

Xenia Dying Off

Jwendt15

I have some xenia in my tank that appears to be dying off. All other coral/fish is doing great. Any idea what parameters could be off that is affecting only the xenia? Had the tank for 2 and a half years and it was the first coral I dropped in. Has done well up to this point. 

1526652734549328852835.jpg

They like light, flow, some nutrients but being in between a frogspawn and gsp they could be getting stung by either one or light could be blocked from them.

• Like 1

That area is at the top of my tank so light should be good. I knew the placement of the GSP and frogspawn could potentially be an issue, but the concerning parts of the Xenia are in the middle, which are out of reach of the other coral.

CarolinaShoreReef

My Xenia loves white light and diiiiirty water lol.  I killed the first frag of Xenia because there was no PO4 or NO3 at all. Soon as I started feeding a little heavier and doing bi-weekly WCs (coming from weekly) it started taking off and the other coral are still doing fine, but it’s an all softy tank so take that with a grain of salt.