SaltCritters.com

Harlequin Shrimp Flow

schleppey

Hello I am looking for people who have experienced harlequins and the proper amount of flow. I have read they can die to filters and powerheads fairly easily and that my main concern moving foward. For the record I have a jebao pp4 in a nuvo 20. Seems like it may be a little much for a pair to handle but I would like to hear from some first hand experience to be sure

• 1 month later...

Hi Schleppy, great name! I had a pair of Harleys & just lost my male.😔 I’m not sure if your question has been answered.  Do you have rocks? The Harleys will find the place that they like if you do. Make sure to feed them within a week after they finish their starfish.i even put 2 medium size starfish in & they keep track of them & it’s quite entertaining! They’re amazing species & have beautiful behaviors! Very loving & constantly touching each other & it’s very rare when they aren’t together. I’m not sure why I lost the male but it’s sad. You never know the age & sometimes I can be guilty of over feeding my 80 gallon reef tank. I’ve been doing this my whole life & I’m 53 yrs old. I did a water change & put all new filters & chemipure. But that’s the only thing I lost so I don’t know if that was the problem. I hope you’re having a great time with your Harleys. 

I wanted to know if anyone has ever replaced a partner & there’s anything I should know? My female seems fine! She’s eating & doesn’t seem affected. Maybe she murdered her partner because he was bugging the crap out of her?Lol!!! Any info would be appreciated! 

63004C5D-EB85-4E39-A716-92BE2A53855D.jpeg

201AD651-024C-4C58-87BB-FC89A7B12D56.jpeg

A2152A79-3502-4A1D-943F-FC153183D659.jpeg

0579DE2E-EE15-4705-8036-033592F2A231.jpeg

A2554996-C5A9-4D4F-B51C-72FF0B0F430B.jpeg

B1707BAE-4213-4AC8-A8B6-74EB289B95D6.jpeg