Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tunze 9001issue

Sancho

I love this skimmer and it has worked flawlessly up till a few months ago. Pretty sure I have had it for a few years now and recently most of the skimmate and bubbles are coming out the side of the skimmer and not in the skimmer cup. The bubbles are coming out of the side with the airline and going back into the AIO. These are not micro bubbles from the pump its the end product bypassing the skimmer cup. :mellow: Ive taken it out cleaned it, inspected for cracks and damage and nothing. Im puzzled.  Tonight my AIO was filled with nasty bubbles and the cup was only about 1/4 full. The pic below was taken after I scooped up all the bubble funk,  but if you look at the back wall you can see how high the nasty foam was in the AIO. Anyone else having this issue? 

IMG_2438.JPG

LOL your chamber is the collection

Where is the water level?  Looks a little high but pics don't do well with this and I'm sure you're smrt enough to know. 

No leaks in the cup?

No crack,  splice or hole in the air tube?

Foamer piece is on the top of the pump correctly with the hose tight?

Plate that the cup sits on is down all the way?

14 minutes ago, StevieT said:

LOL your chamber is the collection

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.......BTW hows my kid doing :lol:

Where is the water level?  Looks a little high but pics don't do well with this and I'm sure you're smrt enough to know. 

Where its supposed to be I even have the Tunze ATO to do that for me ;)

No leaks in the cup?

Nope

No crack,  splice or hole in the air tube?

Nope

Foamer piece is on the top of the pump correctly with the hose tight?

Yep

Plate that the cup sits on is down all the way?

Seems to have a mind of its own. 

Im gonna have to send an email to Rodger aren't I? 

53 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Its out of warranty anyway @StevieT you got anything comparable for sale? 

I'll hit you up tomorrow. 

If you could pinpoint a part we've got them all. 

Kid is smart and loves to be thrown upside down. Still waiting on a little help with the day care bills. 

• Like 1
Brandon0921

make sure the plate that the cut sits on is securely pressed in.  Its the piece that the air tube is fed through and the cup sits on top of.  I've had issues with that wiggling lose over time myself.

I have an extra body if yours is cracked.  I'd be happy to donate for the cost of shipping.

16 hours ago, Brandon0921 said:

make sure the plate that the cut sits on is securely pressed in.  Its the piece that the air tube is fed through and the cup sits on top of.  I've had issues with that wiggling lose over time myself.

I have an extra body if yours is cracked.  I'd be happy to donate for the cost of shipping.

Thanks 

But the body isn't cracked. The plate under the cup seems to float doesn't really sit firmly. I raised the skimmer about a cm above the recommended water line last night and that seemed to help. Its just odd that this is a new problem.  

On 5/17/2018 at 11:55 PM, StevieT said:

Or not 😛

jamescstein

Mine started doing something similar until I gave it a through cleaning/vinegar bath. The needle wheel was gummed up something fierce, I don't think it was making bubbles properly because of that.