Oscaralexander

Skunk shrimp Vomited then died later same night.

As the title of the post reads... My Skunk shrimp vomited then died later same day. Iv never seen a shrimp vomit before, is that the way they normally die? Im thinking i might not get another skunk seeing as how the clown fish now swim around the rocks where the shrimp use to be. Maybe they didn't like each other...

1 hour ago, Oscaralexander said:

As the title of the post reads... My Skunk shrimp vomited then died later same day. Iv never seen a shrimp vomit before, is that the way they normally die? Im thinking i might not get another skunk seeing as how the clown fish now swim around the rocks where the shrimp use to be. Maybe they didn't like each other...

Thats so weird!  I’ve never seen a shrimp vomit, or knew shrimp could vomit so I have no clue if that caused the death. 

How long have you had the shrimp? Has it molted recently? How old is your tank?

I've never seen it one vomit.

Crazy... I've seen fish vomit but not a shrimp. They can sometimes pester smaller fish trying to 'clean' them... a lot of smaller fish don't like it so that may explain the clowns.

Ya, i don't know guys. Im no zoologist but what i saw was a bunch of white stuff come out of his mouth kinda like he was puking. Next thing you know he dead later that night. He was pretty big though so maybe it was just old age but that might not explain the vomiting. Iv had the tank with fish in it for 9 months now after the first 3 water prepping months. I change water routinely once every two weeks as per my 30 gallon tank.  I haven't checked salinity yet.... Im gonna go do that now lol. .. 

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions