Innovative Marine Aquariums

FEIT LED Grow Light (from Costco)

Nocturnal

I'm turning a 20H into a display fuge/sump and found these at my local Costco. I think it was just under $50. It puts out a great looking light and from what I can tell should do well to grow macros. Despite the peaks in red and blue the light doesn't look purple at all visually, and is a nice clean white. The fixture itself is a little flimsy but looks nice enough. They are probably going out of stock soon so you may be able to pick one up on sale.

20180511_211930.jpg

20180511_211920.jpg

20180511_211910.jpg

20180511_211937.jpg

• Like 1

Depends on how deep water is?   LED light penetration thru air has little resistance, but that is not quite the case in water.  Water absorbs light energy with passing depth.  While optics are used to project light down, the wattage of diode is a major factor in projecting PAR to photosynthetic organisms.

Try it out in salt water.

I should know soon. I'm going to get it all fired up by the weekend. I am going to try to setup a segregated area for chaeto to keep it from floating all over the tank and scape the other macros with rock etc. and make it reasonably attractive. I will likely salvage my current fuge light that shines into the back of my cube's AIO area and point that at just the chaeto section. I have some red grape, mermaid tailed, brush (I'm forgetting the full name), turtle grass, and some mangroves in there.

• Like 1
Sailingeric

I have a Phillips screw in LED grow light I have for my chaeto and it is growing like crazy.  You should do fine, might have to adjust the time on and off if you are not leaving on 24/7.

I run my fuge at about 16 hours a day currently. So far I'm liking this guy because it makes the tank viewable rather than being a purple mess.