Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bay Area MakerFaire: Pico reef tanks and reef-pi exhibit

Ranjib

Hello fellow reefers,

Tall day event that intrigues adults as well.  From past year, I have been presenting couple of pico reef tanks along side a raspberry pi based opensource controller (reef-pi) in this event. I get lots of curious visitor, veteran reefers and a whole lot of fellow makers and DIY folks in reef-pi booth. 

41198868615_18d0b990ab_b.jpg

This time I have also prepared a nano-reef emblem (kinda enamle pin, but DIY and made with plastic+modpodge). I hope I would be able to spread the good words about nano-reef and other online communities that has tremendously impacted this project. 

41212630625_0d0fc4872f_b.jpg

So, if you are in near by, or attending the event, please drop by and say hi. I'll be in the darkroom exhibit (zone 7).

• Like 4

Too Cool. Not sure if i can make it this weekend, but for those that may, here's the info from the website:

Save the Date for Maker Faire Bay Area 2018!
May 18-20, 2018, San Mateo, CA
— Friday, May 18, 2018: 1 pm – 5 pm 
— Saturday, May 19, 2018: 10 am – 7 pm
— Sunday, May 20, 2018: 10 am – 6 pm

Maker Faire Website

• Like 2

Always , those two tanks are the main attraction. The controller is an excuse to be there 🙂 . Original goal of reef-pi was to bring awareness around reef keeping. It’s amaizing how many people do not know about them. Most common question is “are they alive ?”

my personal favorite is to see from toddler to seniors staring at corals with awe 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Ranjib said:

Always , those two tanks are the main attraction. The controller is an excuse to be there 🙂 . Original goal of reef-pi was to bring awareness around reef keeping. It’s amaizing how many people do not know about them. Most common question is “are they alive ?”

my personal favorite is to see from toddler to seniors staring at corals with awe 

Damn, if San Mateo wasn’t 20 miles away...

too damn far. 

I really loled at the toddlers seniors thing since most seniors I know aren’t much better off than the toddler I know. Just bigger diapers on the seniors. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Damn, if San Mateo wasn’t 20 miles away...

too damn far. 

I really loled at the toddlers seniors thing since most seniors I know aren’t much better off than the toddler I know. Just bigger diapers on the seniors. 

Age is circular

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I’ll have a demo of reef pi at steinhart museum soon, during one of their Thursday night event 

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions