IceCap IK vs 3K Gyre for Biocube 29 Gal

dudedudedude

Ice Cap IK vs 3K Gyre for Biocube 29 Gal  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Ice Cap IK vs 3K Gyre for Biocube 29 Gal

• IceCap 1K
    • IceCap 3K

dudedudedude

As the title states, which one would you go for. I was thinking the 3K on a lower speed might be quieter with more uniform flow. 

1k would be plenty enough and smaller footprint.

I use the 1k(only 1 side) on an IM 25g and it's really strong, even on the lowest setting

1k, if anything because of the footprint. 

On my biocube 29 I have the 1k ramping up (and reversing) from 30% to 100%, the return, a koralia 250, and a jebao Sw-2. I found the back top glass to be the best spot for my tank. 

43 minutes ago, dudedudedude said:

All, thanks for the advise, will go with the 1k. Would you guys recommend vertical or horizontal placement? 

I think it depends on your scape and other pumps. I started mine horizontal on the side but didn't like it. Now it's middle back top.

IMO, vertical placement doesn't seem like it would do as good of a job at actually moving water around the tank. Bottom water and top water won't mix as much.

whisnantrider

I had a maxpect xf230 which was to much for my 45. I just got the 1K yesterday and the amount of flow it puts out is stupid. It's more than enough to over power your biocube if you wanted. It's also quiter than my 230 was. I don't here this 1K at all. 

• 4 weeks later...