Coral Vue Hydros

Toadstool for nano

kopilatte

kopilatte

I have a fluval evo 13. A person that i used to get coral from asked me if i wanna buy his 6" toadstool. Is toadstool good coral for beginner / nano tank?

9 minutes ago, kopilatte said:

yeah. He offered it pretty cheap (according to him) $50

Ehhh 50 is probably high end of market value..... But prices vary on location. I would just pass and find a smaller cheaper one that fits in your tank. 

Oldsalt01

I just traded a 7" toady to my LFS for a 5" Devil's Hand because the toady was taking up too much room in my 14g when extended. $50 is a good chunk of change for something that is over sized for your tank. I'd look for smaller one OR another type of leather for your 13. Leather's are great beginners corals, basically bullet proof as long as you stay on top of your water changes and position them where they'l get the flow/light they want. Here's my Yellow Clown Goby who loves to perch on the Devil's Hand (lights had just come on, is why the polyps are retracted).

gobydope.jpg

35 minutes ago, kopilatte said:

He said it is jason fox. not that i understand anyway. Thanks for the tips though.

Jason Fox is just a name of a person who fragged/sold that particular mother colony first. Jason Fox do generally command higher prices so the price makes sense now.

However, it is still large for your tank and will grow larger. You could buy it but will probably need to frag it and then sell off the rest of the frags. I am not sure if this is something you feel you want to take on being new to the hobby. You would want to correctly ID it first and make sure he is not trying to sell a cheaper toad for $50 under the wrong name.

The Japanese green toadstool is the same bright green color but stays small/grows slow. Very appropriate for small tanks. Any toad will be fine for awhile though if you get a small one to start.

It is a nice green but they are very common so you can find a small one if you like :) I have about 4 toads in my tank, I paid around $30 each.

• Like 1