Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Overstocked?

Crispy Octopus

Crispy Octopus

I have a 14 gallon biocube and I don't know if it's overstocked. The contents are 1 clownfish, 1 royal gramma, 1 green reef chromis, 1 chalk bass, a firefish, and a cardinalfish.

• Wow 1
26 minutes ago, Crispy Octopus said:

I have a 14 gallon biocube and I don't know if it's overstocked. The contents are 1 clownfish, 1 royal gramma, 1 green reef chromis, 1 chalk bass, a firefish, and a cardinalfish.

You already knew before you asked. You know you did. 

• Haha 4
12scanlon

Clownfish and firefish are both great fish and I would keep those. You could probably keep 1 more fish or 2 at max. 

Pick whichever you like best and go from there. Also I would definently check out igreens guide to nano fish. 

I would return the chalk bass they can be very aggressive in small tanks. The cardinalfish might also get too big depending on type. 

Brandon0921
On 5/7/2018 at 9:17 PM, 1891Bro said:

You already knew before you asked. You know you did. 

😭 best avatar ever.  Cant argue with the guy in the chair!

• Like 2

Holy shit that is a lot of fish... and I thought I was bad. 

I would do clown + gramma or clown + firefish.

My personal max for 14g biocube is 3 fish but I tend to make the 3rd one something small like a small shrimp goby. No fatty chromis or bangaii cardinals. 

Everyone seems to want a little Nemo.

Poor fish is so inbred  now... hundreds

of dollars for a designer fish. I think they look cool and all but nature made them pretty cool in the first place! Any way I prefer the more unusual fish so maybe the clown should go. Maybe a small wrasse pink streaked or something from the possum family and a little basslet.    

• Like 1
banasophia

Wowzers... that’s a lot of fish! I agree with others who have suggested keeping your clown and firefish...