Pod Your Reef

Frogspawn shrivelled up and ejecting orange pellet

idk1998

Hey everyone, I recently brought polyplab reefroids and just fed some for the first time to my frogspawn today. They seemed to be happy and flourishing after eating and a more than 6 hours after as well. After taking an hour nap I see them shrivelled and closed with mouths wide and they are ejecting an orange pellet that's similar colour to the reefroid. Is my coral okay? What can I do and what happened? Before and after pictures attached.

On another note, what is that orange coral I have? I thought it was a zoa under my LFS low lights but I was wrong. 

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

Edited by idk1998
More pictures
WV Reefer
12 minutes ago, idk1998 said:

Hey everyone, I recently brought polyplab reefroids and just fed some for the first time to my frogspawn today. They seemed to be happy and flourishing after eating and a more than 6 hours after as well. After taking an hour nap I see them shrivelled and closed with mouths wide and they are ejecting an orange pellet that's similar colour to the reefroid. Is my coral okay? What can I do and what happened? Before and after pictures attached.

On another note, what is that orange coral I have? I thought it was a zoa under my LFS low lights but I was wrong. 

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

The frogspawn looks like it is spitting out the food. 

The orange thing looks like Leptastrea. 

10 minutes ago, idk1998 said:

Oh alright, thanks! So if it is spitting out the food, does it not like it or was it over fed? 

It's probably pooping