Cultivated Reef

Frag Identification

scottso

I bought a couple of frags last weekend, and can't remember what one of them are.  Could anyone help me with identifying it?  It seems to have acclimated OK, but would like to know what conditions it like, and to see where I could possible move it to.  Also, has anyone encountered those small red-ish rectangular "things" growing (everywhere) in the picture?  I do have well established mushrooms that color, but these things are quite prolific.

Cheers. 

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

Got Corals

It looks encrusting so I want to go with Cyphastrea as well, but the tentacles are long.   I want to also throw Galaxea. But it doesn’t look like it. 

Good luck. 

Thanks for the replies.  No aiptasia that I can see there, but I have been fighting them, and my peppermint shrimp's been doing a pretty good job cleaning up; better than chemical treatments.  There are A LOT of tube worms throughout the tank, so maybe it's that.  As for worms, I've had bristle worms for years with no good way of getting rid of them.  Any suggestions?  Lastly, pagoda isn't ringing any bells.

It is an encrusting/spreading type, and doing pretty well where it is, but I don't think I want to leave it there.  So Cyphastrea it is.

Cheers.

Well, my daughters pointed out one of those mystery red-ish things moving on the glass.  I'd never seen that before.  I guess those are the flatworms.  Let the battle begin!