Pod Your Reef

Burritos IM Nuvo 30L gallons of fun (pic heavy)

burrito

A Little Blue

Euphillias usually get alone with each other. Torches are usually the most aggressive. My Torch and Frogspawn touch each other all day long. But...... it’s possible that one day they might go into a war. And most likely Torch will start it and most than likely, Torch is going to be the lone survivor. Many different opinions among reefers, so ultimately it’s up to you. 

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Euphillias usually get alone with each other. Torches are usually the most aggressive. My Torch and Frogspawn touch each other all day long. But...... it’s possible that one day they might go into a war. And most likely Torch will start it and most than likely, Torch is going too be the lone survivor. Many different opinions among reefers, so ultimately it’s up to you. 

If my wife caught my torch touching my frogspawn all day long I bet she’d get mad.  

• Like 1
On 5/9/2018 at 12:28 AM, 1891Bro said:

If my wife caught my torch touching my frogspawn all day long I bet she’d get mad.  

”hoping for another derrick” so you’re hoping for another clueless newb and it’s doomed livestock to come looking for help on this forum only to be laughed at and bullied by you?

so my tank had a small diatom outbreak and my stylophora above is not extending any polyps, happened pretty fast after i notices a snail at the base of it. over an hour the polyps retracted from the base up. any chance the 2 incidents are related to the same thing? or different reasons for the 2 things happening?

ammonia- 0
nitrite-0
nitrate- 20
salinity- 1.026 (rodi tds 0 water)
temp- 78

i have a few random strings of brown hair algea coming from the monti cap but and some green "moss" around the base of frag plugs. 

i do 25% water changes every thursday night. should i do a 50% change to help lower nitrates? if so all at once? or 2 25% WCs in 2 days?

the polyps this morning are slightly back out so maybe it was just irritated. this is the lighting schedule i have it on.
IMG_0264.PNG
IMG_2017.jpg
side questions, i noticed a few of these snails are stuck to glass (or another snail in this example) REALLY extended out of their shells. normal?

IMG_2015.jpg

Also, added an emerald crab for the small algae issue and another 2lbs is life rock to fill in the middle section and give a few more nooks and swim through areas. B42CA1A1-1112-440E-8ADE-EE01AA602F3D.thumb.jpeg.760f81167dcacb0fb2c4a3d1fb8c9057.jpeg

i need to decide where all the coral types should go. 

Suggestions? I can also modify lighting to the Coral under it with the 2 prime hds 

New fish additions

Gold midas and exquisite firefist from the divers den (liveaquaria)

there is an ORA watchmen goby (about an inch) in there too but i haven't seen him after the first hour i put him.  any need to worry? been 3 days now.  

IMG_2281.thumb.jpg.f371b32f2e79e05708450052156411c7.jpg

A Little Blue

Not uncommon for gobies to disappear for few days after introduction. You also have to be cautious getting tinny perching fish like gobies. They can easily get thru overflow grid or find space between top screen frame and glass to jump out when spooked. But most likely, he has been busy digging out his new home.