Coral Vue Hydros

Two baby pistol shrimp? Manhattan if anyone wants them.

exosket

I pulled out a large colony of clove polyps to try to remove some encrusting sponge that was taking over. I kept hearing snapping but since I have two red and white striped pistols in the display, thought nothing of it. I wound up finding two tiny pistol shrimp burrowed within the sponge. Is it possible my pistols are breeding? I don’t really want more of them and I’m not sure what to do with the two I found. 

47 minutes ago, Elwood Dowd said:

Take them to LFS if you don't have any local takers and trade them in for an invert you do want.

I def won’t be flushing them. Just unsure if putting them in the display is a good idea. I have two already (4 seems like overkill) and while they do no harm, I’m just afraid they could be breeding. Is that even a possibility? 

Elwood Dowd
1 hour ago, exosket said:

I def won’t be flushing them. Just unsure if putting them in the display is a good idea. I have two already (4 seems like overkill) and while they do no harm, I’m just afraid they could be breeding. Is that even a possibility? 

They will breed. But if they are anything like peppermint shrimp they are a pain in the tail to keep alive.  Blacked out dedicated tank, rotifers, air stones and daily water changes.  Even if they do hatch they wont survive. 

• Thanks 1
A Little Blue

I would have taken him from you. Unfortunately, my tanks are bare-bottom and it would’ve been torture for this little guy. Have your tried Manhattan Reefs? 

22 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I would have taken him from you. Unfortunately, my tanks are bare-bottom and it would’ve been torture for this little guy. Have your tried Manhattan Reefs? 

I’ll try posting them there! Thanks!

• Like 1