Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cobalt Neotherm 100watt in Nuvo 10 gallon?

Dgameman1

Hey all! I decided to get the 100 watt neotherm cobalt heater for my Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 10 Gallon tank.

The lowest temperatures can hit 50 degrees Fahrenheit and I wanted to make sure I'd be able to heat up the water.

The issue is that I can't seem to submerse the heater all the way? Cause the last chamber doesn't get enough water to fully submerse the heater.

Any ideas?

The heater should go in the second chamber not the chamber with the return pump.

The 3rd chamber(pump) is where the water level drops due to evaporarion and the only way to have a heater in there is with an ato. 

2 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

The heater should go in the second chamber not the chamber with the return pump.

The 3rd chamber(pump) is where the water level drops due to evaporarion and the only way to have a heater in there is with an ato. 

Oh for sure!

I do have an ATO though.

But also, I thought the 2nd chamber is where I can put some live rock/skimmer?

10 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

You shouldn't put liverock in the back chambers and on a 10g, you don't need a skimmer.

Oo , so that huge second chamber is just for the heater?

44 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

You shouldn't put liverock in the back chambers and on a 10g, you don't need a skimmer.

Wait, even in the second chamber, the heater is too tall, no?

The heater is definitely too tall! Maybe two 75W heaters would work better for that setup? From what I recall, the 25, 50, and 75W heaters are shorter, then the 100+ get longer. I have the 75W in my Fusion 20, which has the same chamber dimensions.

• Like 1
On 4/29/2018 at 5:38 AM, Mariaface said:

The heater is definitely too tall! Maybe two 75W heaters would work better for that setup? From what I recall, the 25, 50, and 75W heaters are shorter, then the 100+ get longer. I have the 75W in my Fusion 20, which has the same chamber dimensions.

Yeah that makes sense!

I'm gonna return the 100 watt one and then purchase the 75 watt one instead!

On 4/29/2018 at 6:45 AM, HarryPotter said:

What skimmer were you considering? 

I wasn't really to be honest lol. I'm probably not going to be getting a skimmer cause I'll be doing the weekly water changes and I'm trying to keep this tank noise level to a minimum. :P

• Like 1