Coral Vue Hydros

[FS] AcroStar Mega (Custom) 48W LED Pucks - 4 available at $45 each (Half of retail!)

R_MC

Hi all,

I'm disassembling my custom LED fixture and selling the 48W LED super spectrum pucks.  I worked with Yann to develop this specific flavor after significant testing.  These are PCBs with premium LEDs intended for a DIY assembly.

Yann sells my mix here: https://blueacro.com/acrostar/ for ~$85 shipped.

These are custom chips with what I consider to be the absolute best spectrum for coral growth, fluorescence, and color mixing.

• Channel 1: 4x Royal Blue (450nm), 1x Warm White (2700k, 80+CRI); 1A max current, 15V required
  • Channel 2: 2x Royal Blue (450nm), 1x 425nm Violet (Luxeon UV), 1x 415nm Violet (Luxeon UV); 1A max current, 12V required
  • Channel 3: 1x Lime, 1x Warm White (2700k, 80+CRI), 1x Royal Blue, 1x Neutral White (4000k, 80+CRI); 700mA max current, 12V required
  • Channel 4: 1x Blue (485nm), 1x Royal Blue (450nm), 1x Cyan (500nm); 1A max current, 9V required.

A lot of thought and experimentation went into this configuration. It's cost me buckets of LED's to figure this out... but I feel like this is the PERFECT mix default_wink.png. At 100% it should result in something like 19-22k light (depending on your perception). It's focused on growth over unused accent colors but does include one Cyan and one Lime. The lime is too cool to not include and really allows a whiter look when called for - I feel that it does harm the overall color rendering, but it is an extremely efficient way to get a whiter light when you want it. If possible, I would run a 5th channel with just the lime. Cyan (~500nm) also doesn't do much for the coral but is necessary to compensate for the gap in phosphor converted white.

This light leans towards warm white over neutral white - more warm white gives a very rich coloration that is less "sterile. Channel one, with one WW and 4 RB's is perfect for dawn and dusk viewing.

hWrXjcs.jpg&key=2f214d2223737ca3adc253f4

mega4z_pro-2.jpg&key=fe4c52749111c657dfc

You can see how it causes a reef tank to fluoresce here:

Nn7gaPh.jpg&key=7de8b784dacc322fdb3b0f11

You can see more of the coral growth and color rendering here http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/fresh-build-the-clean-white-stage.154756/page

uWB4fXC.jpg

This is a bit of a specialty item - so let me know if you have any questions.  They are sold with solder pads (not solderless headers) and are used, but have only reached about 1/10th of their usable life.

Send me a text 978-502-7037 (preferred) or respond to this post.

Best,

Rob

• Like 1

Link isn't working above but I may be interested in 2 pucks if they will cover 36" for SPS like his website recommends for  a 40b are those the 20k pro pucks? I'm using the half pucks now in 20k pro?

• 4 weeks later...

Giving this a bump - sorry if I didn't get back to you guys.  Still selling them.  Will do 45 per with free shipping.  Half retail.

• Recommended Discussions