SaltCritters.com

Which lighting for these corals?

Dgameman1

A Little Blue

Your money. Like I said, I can’t pick your light but I can save you $$$ and pick something that works and will keep your corals happy. 

I’ve seen 150 used for $125-$150 used. A80 can be found for $90-$100 used. 

Now..... 160 is about %25 more powerful than 150 but a80 is about half power of 160. So.... if my math is correct, about %70-75 of 150 and no fan, slim design and will grow most but the most demanding SPSes or Clams. Your call. I hope others can chime in bc I start to feel like a salesperson. I’m sure there are other choice out there. 

If you are skeptical about light requirements and believe the hype, check out the ads for used LEDs. Not one seller will tell you that they run their light at %100, %90 or even %70. So either they are awful liars or simply never had a chance to use those lights to their limits. Don’t buy Ferrari if you’re going to drive it around parking lot at the mall. ;) 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Your money. Like I said, I can’t pick your light but I can save you $$$ and pick something that works and will keep your corals happy. 

I’ve seen 150 used for $125-$150 used. A80 can be found for $90-$100 used. 

Now..... 160 is about %25 more powerful than 150 but a80 is about half power of 160. So.... if my math is correct, about %70-75 of 150 and no fan, slim design and will grow most but the most demanding SPSes or Clams. Your call. I hope others can chime in bc I start to feel like a salesperson. I’m sure there are other choice out there. 

If you are skeptical about light requirements and believe the hype, check out the ads for used LEDs. Not one seller will tell you that they run their light at %100, %90 or even %70. So either they are awful liars or simply never had a chance to use those light to their limits. Don’t buy Ferrari if you’re going to drive it around parking lot at the mall. ;) 

Yeah I completely understand where you're coming from.

It's just that I found a guy who is selling his used 150 for $100 :P

But yeah you're absolutely right, I didn't realize the 150 had a fan.

I also think the kessil a80 looks nicer.

I really do appreciate you so much!

A Little Blue

$100? That’s a good deal. Keep in mind that this light has been around for a whiiiiile. Make sure it is in good working order. Turn it on to %25 and see if cooling fan works. Make sure all LEDs are working. Some of them might have died over time. Ask the year it was made and how many owners b4 you. That light can grow any coral in 10g tank. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

You gonna need an arm. If it doesn’t come with one, I can ship you a flaxible one for free. ?

I really do appreciate you a lot. I'll let you know what happens :)!!

A Little Blue
4 minutes ago, Dgameman1 said:

I really do appreciate you a lot. I'll let you know what happens :)!!

Sure. And good luck with your hunt. 

• Thanks 1
A Little Blue
53 minutes ago, Dgameman1 said:

Awesome awesome, now for my tank tho, do you guys recommend the A80 or a used A150 Ocean Blue?

Don’t know enough about them. I guess they have dimensions? Lol