Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

jbj nano 10 or 11

rynopr

I have been wondering about the amount of watts per gallon in the nano cube. I know that 24/12 = 2. However, I was wondering about the amount of water in the pump compartment in back. It seems like when I do partial water change it takes at least a gallon. Does that mean that the amount of water under light is more like 10 or 11? That might translate into more like 2.4.

Thank you

what kinda of watts per gal. is suggested for a reef tank. I think im going to get one off them jbj cube when i get the cash. Probly going to get the dlx. with the 2 24 watt lights. Because be around to christmas when i get the cash, it should be out. And have the money for LS and LR.

Maybe it's twelve completely empty without anything in the back section. When I filled mine up, I had about 1.5" of sand and about 1/3rd of my live rock. It took around 8 gallons.

Supernip could have been more verbose but he's right. Watts per gallon isn't a very good measure of light intensity. There are just too many other factors - depth, water clarity, lighting type. The hardcore guys use lux meters and such.

Are you asking because you want to know if you can keep a specific coral? If so, you might be able to find somebody else that has tried the coral you want to keep under stock lighting and see how it fared. Just make sure you find out approximately how close to the light they placed it.

what i mean is, ignore that rule. it's an unimportant detail when dealing with lighting. The main concern is depth. Light hits the water and gets dissipated (I'm not sure if that's the right word) and spread out, depending on your other factors such as current and how clean the water is) so the further down you go, the less light.

think of it as parts to a whole. you have a tank of gas (fixed number) , so the further u travel the less gas u have. In conclusion, your light is fine for most softies. Or you can choose to upgrade it, as most ppl do. K thanks.

Originally posted by bigbeatzz

Does anyone know where to get the new nano cibe deluxe?

its not out yet. I do beleive its going to be ended Oct. when it comes out and going to be 160$ with the dual 24w lights.

also there is the new 24g cube coming out sometime...

Originally posted by bigbeatzz

i would wait but my wife wants to buy my birthday present.  I saw an oceanic 30 cube that looked nice, also the via 18.  Any thoughts?

o yes, i like the via 18 but from what i found out from there webpage its not made anymore just a 15g and 11g. But the 15g look nice.

remember the big the tank the more LR and LS your need to filter... so that something to look at. Plus the more lighting saltwater mix, and water changes become bigger.

Originally posted by StuntJester1

[bremember the big the tank the more LR and LS your need to filter... so that something to look at. Plus the more lighting saltwater mix, and water changes become bigger. [/b]

I saw a web site with the via 18 last night. i'm going to give them a call.

I just did a water change on a 10 gal in my cousins house a few minutes ago. I took me only a few minutes!!! Thats a great thing.

Thanks Everyone for the help...Glad to be a part of nano-reef!:) :) :)

Is the new deluxe lights 24W each? So that's 48W total? Or 24W meaning 2 12W? If it's 48W, that's quite a nice light total for a stock nano right?

if i were you i would go with a 10 i had a nano cube ad decided to just get a 20l but a 10 is nice becuse you can get a 96 watt for 88 bucks and then get a AC 500 and you have what you need other than a little PH. but that's just my 2 cents

Originally posted by phergus_25

if i were you i would go with a 10 i had a nano cube ad decided to just get a 20l but a 10 is nice becuse you can get a 96 watt for 88 bucks and then get a AC 500 and you have what you need other than a little PH. but that's just my 2 cents

1'd like something that is nice and wide so i can get a cool scape out of it. 10 is kinda shallow.

Does anyone know of a small cube tank other then the jbj? Like a 20 gallon?

yea I saw that one today. Looks nice! i dont want sps just a whole lot of polyps and shrooms. Maybe some xenia and toadstools for garnish. I also saw a nice 16 bow today, that night be a possiblity.

I sure would have waited to do this whole thing if I would have known that jbj was coming out with a 24 gallon. It wasn't posted on their web site and no one at the lfs told me that they expected new ones out. Im guessing they weren't in the know either.

I bought some new items for the tank this past weekend. I bought a purple lobster and a cleaner shrimp--mistake. I thought the lobster was reef safe. Well he wasn't cleaner shrimp safe that's for sure. He cleanly snipped him right in two! He also killed the new orange nudibranch...

Archived