inTank Media Baskets

Pair clowns fighting

Minmay

Hi everyone, Ive had my pair clowns for 5m 24 days. When I first got them they were nice to each other. Slept together, swim together. Now, the larger clown is nipping at the smaller one. Its been about 1mo since I've noticed that. Does anyone have a clue as to why they would start fighting now?

4 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Hi everyone, Ive had my pair clowns for 5m 24 days. When I first got them they were nice to each other. Slept together, swim together. Now, the larger clown is nipping at the smaller one. Its been about 1mo since I've noticed that. Does anyone have a clue as to why they would start fighting now?

They just do that before they ####. Makeup sex. 

3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

It’s a female thing. Never understood them. How big is the Colosseum of terror? 

I would say the female is about 2inch long 

A Little Blue
4 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I would say the female is about 2inch long 

Still young. Females are always bigger. Usually, a lot bigger and a lot more aggressive. My female would grab and shake my tinny male violently. I didn’t think that he could take it much longer. Than it stopped and now it is an exemplary marriage. If you can, rearrange few rocks, if that doesn’t work, get a penalty box (breeder box) and deal with the aggressor accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

They just do that before they ####. Makeup sex. 

Wow, so they're about to make babies? Hmmmm...i feel his fins are torn up pretty bad amd now he wants to hide by the water circulator. He's actually laying down on it. Should I put him in a intank separator until he heals?

2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Still young. Females are always bigger. Usually, a lot bigger and a lot more aggressive. My female would grab and shake my tinny male violently. I didn’t think that he could take it much longer. Than it stopped and now it is an exemplary marriage. If you can, rearrange few rocks, if that doesn’t work, get a penalty box (breeder box) and deal with the aggressor accordingly. 

Yes, I was gonna rearrange the rock tonight after a water change to see if that would help.  I alrdy have an intank separator for just incase. Poor thing. I feel so bad for him

A Little Blue
2 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Yes, I was gonna rearrange the rock tonight after a water change to see if that would help.  I alrdy have an intank separator for just incase. Poor thing. I feel so bad for him

I get it. It looks quite disturbing and it can affect the little guy. He will usually stay out of site, scared and afraid to to join during feeding time. If it goes on for another few weeks and rearrangement of the scape didn’t change that behavior, I would give her a time out. Or just beat her with a stick. ?

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Wow, so they're about to make babies? Hmmmm...i feel his fins are torn up pretty bad amd now he wants to hide by the water circulator. He's actually laying down on it. Should I put him in a intank separator until he heals?

Hell I don’t know. You’ve had them both long enough that if they were gonna pair they would’ve already. The big one is not satisfied by the mate you have selected. Drop a few more in there. It’s bound to sort itself out.