Cultivated Reef

Happy 17th Birthday Nano-Reef Community! 🎉

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

balloons.jpg

🎂 I'd like to wish the Nano-Reef.com Community a happy 17th birthday today! 🎈

We're now over one year into our modern community website upgrade, hopefully everyone is feeling well settled now. I have some great new features expected to roll out later this month, including a new gallery view, a nice emoji picker in the post editor, and big refinements to the site search that will really speed it up. Be on the look out for new community website how-to guides as well, to help explain all the advanced features of the site like custom Activity Streams, profile page customization, easy image uploading and sharing, and so much more. The community continues to grow with 89,005 members to date and over 5.5 million posts to the forum, and this year we saw the return of many familiar faces getting back into the hobby after years away!

We had a fun nano reef building contest over 100 days last summer with beautiful systems, and our innovative 6 month creative container pico contest just finished up with amazing results! There's a brand new acro frag grow-out contest just getting started as well, be sure to follow along with the participants! Shout outs to the community members and sponsors who helped to put these fun community building events together, you rock! Thank you so much for all your contributions! Look forward to more fun events throughout the year, and don't hesitate to share your ideas for more fun competitions for us to host.

I feel blessed to be host to such an incredible community of people, I am in awe of the bonds that are formed, the knowledge shared and collective support of each other as hobbyists and friends. There is so much wisdom and creativity here, your contributions make Nano-Reef.com such a helpful resource for hobbyists all across the world. Thank you to everyone who dove in and posted a request for help, started a journal, a new discussion, offered answers to questions, and shared an experience. Through the ups and downs of the hobby, we stand by each other in support! Let me also take a moment to say hi to all our friendly "lurkers" out there who visit and read every day! 👋 I'm glad you're here too, please reach out if there's anything you need!

Cheer's to another amazing year my friends! Thank you for choosing to share a little bit of your day here with all of us! ☺️

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Happy 17th Birthday Nano-Reef Community! 🎉

Joined 11 years ago, been in and out a few times and so grateful to you for hosting this great community! Hoping to be starting a new tank thread soon! :)

• Like 1

Found this site many years ago and still enjoy it to this very day. You've done a bang up job of keeping it a tight knit community all these years CM!

Happy Birthday! Congratulations and THANK YOU CM for all your hard work. Thank you to all the sponsors for your support. Thanks to all the members for sharing your experience and offering your help. This is my all time favorite forum.

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic