Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

how to remove controller knob?

blaksheep67

blaksheep67

I purchased a new cover for my Coralux Storm LED controller but I can't figure out how to remove the knob/selector.

The clear plastic piece is part of the old clear case (the only piece I can't get off).

IMG_2037.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

It should slide off. I have not used the Storm controllers for some time so there could be some gunk from years of use in it. If you have a small flathead you maybe able to forcefully pop it off?

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...
blaksheep67
On 4/21/2018 at 8:40 AM, DaveFason said:

It should slide off. I have not used the Storm controllers for some time so there could be some gunk from years of use in it. If you have a small flathead you maybe able to forcefully pop it off?

-Dave

Thanks, i'll try that, I didn't want to break anything.

blaksheep67

Dave, it worked! (But) :) I purchased a new case from the makers of the controller (was purchased as a blemished case) and the case opening for the square display is too small! I am trying to get in touch with them to resolve this.

10 hours ago, blaksheep67 said:

Dave, it worked! (But) :) I purchased a new case from the makers of the controller (was purchased as a blemished case) and the case opening for the square display is too small! I am trying to get in touch with them to resolve this.

Ben at Coralux had two size screens. He should have one that fits it for you. 

-Dave

• 7 months later...

Dave, I never got in contact with Ben, as a result, the case was kept together with a rubber band which after time caused the display to go blank and I can't change/see the settings. I just sent him an email to see if he can assist, do you have any older storm controllers laying around?

On 12/23/2018 at 8:06 PM, blaksheep67 said:

Dave, I never got in contact with Ben, as a result, the case was kept together with a rubber band which after time caused the display to go blank and I can't change/see the settings. I just sent him an email to see if he can assist, do you have any older storm controllers laying around?

I do not, sorry. Rapid LED should have a few.