ReefCleaners.org

Waterbox Nano Owner's Thread

Raindog3030

8 hours ago, Fishy snowman said:

Just wanted to Share my 4 gallon Waterbox.  Been running since September. So far so good 

52E89A9D-4143-482C-8193-2500F24832EC.thumb.jpeg.5cbd953cacc14fae84310ed764a0f790.jpeg

That's so pretty!  Did you have the same issue with finding a pump that fits?

1 hour ago, gonzalez78 said:

You guys mind if I ask which light you’re using for the 4 gallon? I got a 4 gallon for my brother but don’t know which light to use.

I don't have the 4 gallon but I do have a pico.  I'm using the Asta Lumini, it's ok.  I would suggest the Hipergaro light which can be gotten for about $60 on Amazon and I think is a better light than the one I've got (am thinking of switching to it).  It's flexible enough that it could be used with a larger tank eventually, up to maybe 10-15 gallons, depending on what you're growing.

33 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I don't have the 4 gallon but I do have a pico.  I'm using the Asta Lumini, it's ok.  I would suggest the Hipergaro light which can be gotten for about $60 on Amazon and I think is a better light than the one I've got (am thinking of switching to it).  It's flexible enough that it could be used with a larger tank eventually, up to maybe 10-15 gallons, depending on what you're growing.

Cool, I was looking at that light on amazon and the reviews look promising. You think it would be good on a 15 also? I have the 15 and won my brother the 4 from the waterbox Facebook page.

2 minutes ago, gonzalez78 said:

Cool, I was looking at that light on amazon and the reviews look promising. You think it would be good on a 15 also? I have the 15 and won my brother the 4 from the waterbox Facebook page.

I'm not positive on the 15, as I don't know the spread of the light.  I suspect you may need 2 to grow more than softies, but I am not sure.  I'd do some searching and see what the biggest tanks are that people have used the light on and what they grew.

8 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I'm not positive on the 15, as I don't know the spread of the light.  I suspect you may need 2 to grow more than softies, but I am not sure.  I'd do some searching and see what the biggest tanks are that people have used the light on and what they grew.

I’m planing on keeping mostly zoas so that would probably work for it. My AI Prime is out of commision and AI said they can fix it for a price but I’d need to send it in first.

• Like 1
Azure Phoenix Reefing
19 hours ago, Lhernandez8615 said:

What is everyone's solution to the sump being glass and equipment being partially visible? Or is it not that noticeable? 

It is not "that" noticeable, but I can imagine it will bother some reefers, especially the ones looking for a clean look. I'll see if I can take a picture later today, to show what is visible and what not.

Since it does bother me a bit, I'll be adding some Green Star Polyps (Pachyclavularia Violacea), with high hopes of it covering the backplate of the display.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Lhernandez8615 said:

What is everyone's solution to the sump being glass and equipment being partially visible? Or is it not that noticeable? 

I didn’t set mine up yet. I plan on making diy media baskets. I will use black acrylic on the backs of the media baskets that bump up against the back wall of the aquarium. 

Keeper of my nieces Ocean

I have the waterbox 10 and they sent me a matt for under the tank that is too small for the tank. I called to let them know and they say thats how they designed it. Their customer service was not helpful or pleasant. 

4 hours ago, Keeper of my nieces Ocean said:

I have the waterbox 10 and they sent me a matt for under the tank that is too small for the tank. I called to let them know and they say thats how they designed it. Their customer service was not helpful or pleasant. 

Yes their mats are a bit smaller than the tank that’s how they designed it, supposed to center under the tank that the front panel didn’t need it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 1:07 PM, gonzalez78 said:

Yes their mats are a bit smaller than the tank that’s how they designed it, supposed to center under the tank that the front panel didn’t need it.

Little bit confused about this, I just started up the 10 and I have a 15 arriving this week.

It seems like on both length and width the mat is about 2mm short. So some of it will always be unsupported. 

25 minutes ago, flypenfly said:

Did your cubes come with filter baskets? 

http://www.waterboxaquariums.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/WaterBox_Manual_2017.pdf

Seems to indicate the 10g does but all I got was a sock... no pump 

I would def contact customer service about no pump.

My 20 purchased from saltwater aquarium dot com on Black Friday came with sock, middle chamber media (went right in the “I’ll never use this stuff” bin) and a return pump which I promptly replaced. Relegated it to water change duty. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Chicago Nano Guy said:

Im setting up a WaterBox 20 and Want to know what everyone has got in the back of their box, chambers one two and three ! 

Chamber 1 = inTank Media Rack

Chamber 2 = IM MiniMax + Cadlights PLS-50 Elite V2 (requires modification)

Chamber 3 = 150w NeoTherm + IM MightyJet Desktop 326gph + XPAqua Duetto ATO Sensor and Fill line

I’d argue that this is the absolute best equipment you can have back there currently available. 

7410A4BA-81A3-4CA0-970E-AB971C48107A.thumb.jpeg.93d0c451348ec22e13f2f2a5ca029e62.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
On 2/11/2019 at 4:45 PM, flypenfly said:

Did your cubes come with filter baskets? 

http://www.waterboxaquariums.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/WaterBox_Manual_2017.pdf

Seems to indicate the 10g does but all I got was a sock... no pump 

They need to take down that old manual.  They include socks with the aquarium.  IIRC they may have when they first released, but I can't find any actual pictures of one existing. 

We've got the media baskets covered so you can ditch the sock.

• Like 4
Azure Phoenix Reefing

Received my InTank chamber 1 media basket for the Cube 20 last Friday, nicely packaged and with a Swedish Fish, which was awesome, not to mention the InTank sticker! 😀

Tried to install the media basket yesterday, however, I have some trouble getting it in chamber 1. It seems like there are two edges inside chamber 1 on which the filter sock "holder" rests. I can't seem to get the media basket past these edges. Anyone else experiencing this problem, or am I doing something wrong? 😇

The media basket itself looks and feels amazing, so kudos to you and your designers @StevieT, impressive work!

Nevermind me, just looked at the Intank website and saw the image where you use a knife to cut these edges. Silly me...🤦‍♂️

Edited by Azure Phoenix Reefing
Problem solved
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I gave up on the tunze 9001 after a week, would not stop microbubbling although it did start skimming. Interestingly the Nuvo Skim mid size will fit but it makes mounting a light in the middle back impossible.

The Nuvo Skim desktop though is the bomb dot com. It was perfect out of the box and skimmed right away without any micro bubbles. I am returning everything else and getting another one for both my Peninsula 20 and WB15

• Like 1

Just set up my waterbox 20. Got my aquascape created with the Life Rock Shapes which I loved those rocks. The pump that came with it is a little noisy so going to get a Sicce 1.0 pump and see if it is quieter. One question I have which hopefully someone can answer is I want to add loc line to the return nozzle so I can aim the nozzle across the back of the tank but I don't know the size and can't find it anywhere. Anyone have any idea?

On 2/24/2019 at 9:54 AM, Azure Phoenix Reefing said:

Nevermind me, just looked at the Intank website and saw the image where you use a knife to cut these edges. Silly me...🤦‍♂️

Glad you got it.  We also have directions on the box but reading is hard and stuffs 😉

• Like 1
On 2/24/2019 at 10:06 AM, flypenfly said:

So I gave up on the tunze 9001 after a week,

Skimmers take at least 2 weeks to break in.  I would give it more time.  You can try and do this outside of the tank if you wish.  Get some dirty tank water and run it in a bucket.

Azure Phoenix Reefing
1 hour ago, StevieT said:

Glad you got it.  We also have directions on the box but reading is hard and stuffs 😉

Haha, I know right 😂, manuals...Who needs them... 😇

• Haha 1