Top Shelf Aquatics

Waterbox Nano Owner's Thread

Raindog3030

Raindog3030
On 6/4/2018 at 7:11 AM, Mckinney0171 said:

Wow epic engineering fail.  Shipping tanks to consumers and the pumps don’t fit.  

Meh, I work in commercial A/V and I see way worse stuff than that on boxes that cost more than the truck I drive...lol...I will agree, it is a gross oversight, but I have seen worse 😉

Raindog3030

Hey y'all!  10g Waterbox AIOs are on sale at Saltwateraquraium.com for $99!

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/10-gallon-starphire-ultra-clear-glass-cube-waterbox/

• Like 1
Raindog3030
14 hours ago, Gradleg said:

My waterbox 10!ADD79C1F-591D-4894-AD74-5F5676A57C26.thumb.jpeg.14c2de96220d530bd6a1600fb9666322.jpeg

595234A0-8990-4F03-A95C-EAA4FC3B0F3F.jpeg

Looking good!  How do you like the flow of the stock pump, or did you upgrade?  I just ordered a 10 gallon for my wife!

On 5/8/2018 at 7:15 PM, SeaFurn said:

This is interesting - in case you want to know where your Waterbox aquariums are made...

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/All-in-one-CUBE-NANO-Small_60755579893.html?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.50.1cec2052HexzWs

After reading this link and the rest of the issues on this page it would seem $99 on sale is still a ripoff. 

9 minutes ago, Raindog3030 said:

Hey y'all!  10g Waterbox AIOs are on sale at Saltwateraquraium.com for $99!

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/10-gallon-starphire-ultra-clear-glass-cube-waterbox/

26 minutes ago, Raindog3030 said:

Looking good!  How do you like the flow of the stock pump, or did you upgrade?  I just ordered a 10 gallon for my wife!

I added a Hydor koralia 240 and that seems to do the trick. Its enough to keep my sps up top happy and not upset my lps in the middle in bottom. The stock pump isnt enough by itself for me

• Like 1

Glad this thread got started. I am actually in the process of planning a build out for either the 4g or 7g for an SPS dominate tank and utilizing automatic water changes. I reached out to customer service because of this to get the dimensions of the back chambers. Hope this helps anyone that may be questioning what pump to buy. The return sections on both are very close in size.  Looking forward to this build, just really cant decided which size to commit to lol. 

Nano4_7Dims.jpg

• Like 1

That is awesome! A very useful chart, all the charts I found for the 4g and 7g didn't include the chamber dimensions. This makes sense though because I can see more things being used in the back chambers for the larger tanks. Not much to attempt to stuff in the back of the smaller tanks. Either way those are a great resource for planning a build and making sure everything will work right.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here’s my 4G update:

I have slowly started transferring stuff to this little tank, and the pod population has exploded!  It has also been outfitted with a 12” Finnex Fugeray Marine+ II light fixture for the time being.  The container is a mushroom nursery.

131E94DD-7400-42A6-A22F-36BD19B27F96.thumb.jpeg.1d47355a0c99f00fc9b1fd8109bce80e.jpeg

• Like 2
Raindog3030
On 6/23/2018 at 11:29 PM, Musubi said:

Wish they had a canadian dealer 

Can you not order from saltwateraquarium.com or bulkreefsupply.com ?

14 minutes ago, Raindog3030 said:

Can you not order from saltwateraquarium.com or bulkreefsupply.com ?

I can but shipping + duties would cost more than the tank lol

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strongly considering getting either the 15 or 20 rather than an IM 10.  Two questions I was wondering if somebody could  help answer.

• Would the intank filter floss holder for the the IM tanks work in these units.  Per the dimensions they would fit as they are smaller then the overflow filter sock compartment.  Is the filter sock hardware/plastic holder easily removed?
  • I saw somewhere that the back black glass is semi-transparent.  Is this true?  Can you see the filter sock or other media in the back chambers through it?  What about an eventual skimmer back there?

Thanks.

Or now that I am thinking about it....a 2.5" media cup drop in in the filter sock holder would work too instead of a floss holder like the ones intank sells.  The 4" you can find easily....anyone know of a 2.5"?

1 hour ago, dnadrifter said:

Strongly considering getting either the 15 or 20 rather than an IM 10.  Two questions I was wondering if somebody could  help answer.

• Would the intank filter floss holder for the the IM tanks work in these units.  Per the dimensions they would fit as they are smaller then the overflow filter sock compartment.  Is the filter sock hardware/plastic holder easily removed?
  • I saw somewhere that the back black glass is semi-transparent.  Is this true?  Can you see the filter sock or other media in the back chambers through it?  What about an eventual skimmer back there?

Thanks.

Or now that I am thinking about it....a 2.5" media cup drop in in the filter sock holder would work too instead of a floss holder like the ones intank sells.  The 4" you can find easily....anyone know of a 2.5"?

inTank is working on media baskets for these. I modded a IM 10 floss holder to fit a 7 gallon. 

71B05429-447C-4FD9-8279-7A0CFC6AF1DC.jpeg

0DB8EC75-8768-4586-958C-C2E3AF019408.jpeg

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

inTank is working on media baskets for these. I modded a IM 10 floss holder to fit a 7 gallon. 

Thanks....especially for the pictures.  Very helpful.

One of the two companies measurements must be a little off if you had to mod.  Chamber is supposed to be 80mm x 80mm (3.14 x 3.14") per the above diagram and intank lists theirs as significantly less than 3" in each dimension.

No matter...seems that is wasn't too hard to modify...and hopefully the exact fit holders and racks will be coming from inTank.

These 15 and 20 gallons should fill a nice void right now in the AIO rimless category.  Really not much out there, especially with cubical dimensions.

10 minutes ago, dnadrifter said:

Thanks....especially for the pictures.  Very helpful.

One of the two companies measurements must be a little off if you had to mod.  Chamber is supposed to be 80mm x 80mm (3.14 x 3.14") per the above diagram and intank lists theirs as significantly less than 3" in each dimension.

No matter...seems that is wasn't too hard to modify...and hopefully the exact fit holders and racks will be coming from inTank.

These 15 and 20 gallons should fill a nice void right now in the AIO rimless category.  Really not much out there, especially with cubical dimensions.

Nevermind on the measurement being off....re-read and you were using it on a 7 gallon.  Looks like the chamber on the 7 gallon is a bit smaller than the 10/15/20.

Getting back into the salty game! I got my waterbox 7 due in by friday! Anyone find a skimmer that fits in the back yet? I'm leaning more towards an aquamaxx algae reactor though. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Waterbox 7 Gallon Cube

Upgraded MJ606

Hydor Pico Powerhead

Eheim 50 W Heater

Basic Filtration

8 lbs of Dry Rock

5 lb of Arogonite Sand

#OfficeTank

Stocking Plans - 

Not sure - wanted to get it up and cycled and weigh my options.

Left tons of open space and a couple shelves built in the rock for corals

Love the tank so far!

IMG_E6739.png

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Azure Phoenix Reefing

I'm currently in the phase where I'm deciding on which aquarium and equipment I'm going to choose. Seeing as this will have quite the impact mid to long term, I'm reading up as much as possible.

Right now, I'm either going for a Red Sea Max Nano AIO (20g), or a more out of the boxcustomizable option. Over here in the Netherlands it is quite hard to find a decent nano tank with a sump in the back, however the Waterbox Cube 20g seems like a nice contender. I have a few questions though for our fellow reefers who own or have experience with a Waterbox.

How moddable is it in terms of the chambers in the back? i.e. can the filter sock easily be replaced with a media rack or the pump(s) in the back, is there enough room for the more silent third party pumps? I'm planning on buying the Tunze 9001 skimmer, together with the Tunze Osmolator later on, I'm guessing there should be enough room, however I'd like to be sure before buying, seeing as I am completely new to the reefing hobby. As for the lighting, I am thinking the AI Prime HD.

Am I missing something? Do you guys perhaps have any other tips concerning the Cube 20? Love to hear from you guys and cheers for the feedback!