Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Waterbox Nano Owner's Thread

Raindog3030

On 7/28/2019 at 6:14 PM, Hayley D said:

Hi all. I have just purchased a 20 and I’m still trying to get my head around all the technicalities! Since  purchasing I have dropped into the odd fish store here and there for a look and asked them For advice, opinions etc and had nothing but negative feedback in regards to the smaller tanks. I am  feeling a bit deflated as I’m new to all of this. I’m having trouble understanding the abbreviations to some of the gear on here being used. Feeling a little lost!

Hi Hayley,

What is it you need? I know it's been a while since your post, have you made much progress in setting up your tank?

Hi EvanSPS6,

so so far I have 3 nas snails and a cleaner shrimp. They are all doing well. I have made a mesh lid as I’d like to keep possibly gobys or Blennys and maybe one other type. Any suggestions? I’m also wondering whether I should look at coral first so when the fish go in they have more natural habitat?

thank you for replying:) 

652788A4-A96F-4A22-94F2-20C7B2E234B8.jpeg

356FD90A-8F10-4831-BA0B-D5BB0B15F82E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
dadsfishtanks
On 9/17/2019 at 5:15 AM, Keeper of my nieces Ocean said:

Anyone know the GPH on the stock return pump for the 10 gallon? Does the Sicce .5 fit? Or is the nano the biggest that fits?

The 0.5 doesn’t fit in the Cube 10, asks me how I know 🙄

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey yall! I just joined the wb family with a 10g cube. I've read through the thread and saw where the cobalt 404 is the best pump. The stock one sounds like a box of rocks lol. Has anyone had any issues with a waterfall sound in the first chamber coming through the weir? If so what was your fix?

20191108_175803.jpg

• Like 1

Just setup a 10 gallon.  The water level in the display seems high.  About 2/3 of the overflow is covered.  Using the stock pump.  Where is everyone's water height?  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 1:02 PM, burton37 said:

Just setup a 10 gallon.  The water level in the display seems high.  About 2/3 of the overflow is covered.  Using the stock pump.  Where is everyone's water height?  Thanks

2 thirds covered is about where mine sits in my 20g!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Chris882003

Hello, I have a waterbox 20 and would like to see if anyone knows if the IM NuvoSkim desktop DC protein skimmer will fit in chamber two. And does it just set in the chamber are use magnets?

Chris882003
20 minutes ago, SliceGolfer said:

I dunno about the Nuvoskim, however I have the IceCap K1 Nano in chamber two. If the measurements are similar, then there ya go.

Thanks for the reply I am not sure if the skimmer uses magnets?

SliceGolfer

They all state drop in convenience and are designed for IM tanks. None state magnets in the included package items. Personally I would skip the Nuvoskim and get something better for less money. IceCap, eShopps, Cadlights. All have been used on the WB20.

Chris882003
28 minutes ago, SliceGolfer said:

They all state drop in convenience and are designed for IM tanks. None state magnets in the included package items. Personally I would skip the Nuvoskim and get something better for less money. IceCap, eShopps, Cadlights. All have been used on the WB20.

Sounds good I have a Cadlights just seeing if anything new would work better

Thanks 

• 1 month later...
SliceGolfer
5 hours ago, roblox84 said:

Is the stock return pump on the 20g good enough for flow if I'm mainly keeping lps?

It would depend on the LPS coral. The stock pump does a fine job for feeding the overflow and sump. If you’re looking for random flow for Torches, Frogspawn, and others, I suggest getting a wave pump or powerhead in addition to the stock pump.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 1:01 AM, dadsfishtanks said:

The 0.5 doesn’t fit in the Cube 10, asks me how I know 🙄

I put a 1.0 in there have to remove the flow adjustment cover tho 

Snakemau25

What is the weight of the Cube 20 fully set up with water, rocks and all? I want to get one and currently looking at set up location, my house has this partition between the living room and dinning room and I think that will be perfect location but need to see the weight and also if I will need an automatic water filler and others.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, just a quick question. I have just set my Waterbox cube20 up but noticed that when the main tank was around 1/3 full water had filled the pump compartment by a few inches. Is this normal to prevent overflowing or is a damaged seal? Thanks

• 4 months later...