Pod Your Reef

Rathje70's 40G IM Nuvo - UPDATED PICTURES

Rathje70

Well I am going to go ahead and return my clown to the LFS over tomorrow. He seems to be able to fight the ick just fine but want to rid the tank from the parasite so I can enjoy some other fish too......so in the 8 week fallow period, will focus on keeping my corals healthy. The tank keeps filling up one LFS trip at a time! Lucky to have a great fish store within an hour from me.😀

054E41A2-A5A1-4665-A508-74570DE821E2.jpeg

858CB29B-5D09-4CF2-AEEA-1156A09336E5.jpeg

9388A57A-FE50-4E2D-9C62-F7888C9582A1.jpeg

F1DFA3BF-11D9-4DC4-8FBF-A1699D0D654D.jpeg

1065E444-6369-41D6-AF37-F5A0656A2CD0.jpeg

95300996-6A9B-4218-8E92-5CEF5A0E3EF2.jpeg

A Little Blue

I have used this b4 with great success. Reef safe.708EC0CA-E505-4FB5-BE4D-40719A69CCB6.thumb.jpeg.16750f5652ac1b8e597483d237edd4f4.jpeg

Ich is almost in every aquarium as it is everywhere in the ocean. The problem with inch in aquarium is, limited water volume, concentration of the parasite and stress that fish might go through. In nature, healthy fish can easily shake off minor ich.

Try to get your fish to eat various food, give it a bath in “Safety Stop” or fresh water bath. Keep it stress free.

Good luck. 

14 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I have used this b4 with great success. Reef safe.708EC0CA-E505-4FB5-BE4D-40719A69CCB6.thumb.jpeg.16750f5652ac1b8e597483d237edd4f4.jpeg

Ich is almost in every aquarium as it is everywhere in the ocean. The problem with inch in aquarium is, limited water volume, concentration of the parasite and stress that fish might go through. In nature, healthy fish can easily shake off minor ich.

Try to get your fish to eat various food, give it a bath in “Safety Stop” or fresh water bath. Keep it stress free.

Good luck. 

Thanks! I assume this product is reef safe? Would love to keep this fish and beat the ick and add some more in 6-8 weeks....is it really that easy???

A Little Blue
19 minutes ago, Rathje70 said:

Thanks! I assume this product is reef safe? Would love to keep this fish and beat the ick and add some more in 6-8 weeks....is it really that easy???

Nothing easy about ich. But I had luck with that product. It boost immune system and hopefully, fish can shake it off on its own. Yes, reef safe. 

28 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Nothing easy about ich. But I had luck with that product. It boost immune system and hopefully, fish can shake it off on its own. Yes, reef safe. 

Got it - will look into giving it a shot!! Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well been awhile since I have posted an update so here it is......just got back from a two week vacation to no issues but actually great growth. Corals are growing in nicely and doing great. I am 5 weeks into my fallow period to rid the parasites so will be able to add some fish here in a couple of weeks.

latest FTS...

ED42774C-EF68-474C-B8C1-B5D7A4D18F26.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Been a couple of months since I have posted so thought I would post a few pictures. I believe I have overcome the Ich battle thanks to the product @A Little Blue recommended! Tank is filling in nicely! Look forward to anyone's feedback.

12092018.jpg

12092018 01.jpg

12092018 02.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks @Christopher Marks! It has been interesting to see how the SPS has really taken off....I initially threw a couple pieces in there to see how they would do and have gradually added more as there has been luck in some great growth! Really am surprised as I don't have any special equipment and don't dose anything - weekly 5 gallon water changes seem to be doing the trick!

The red monti was the very first SPS I put in there and it has grown like crazy....and yes, some unique growing patterns. It is starting to run into the pocillopora so need to figure that out. My birdsnest is also growing into the monti - not sure if it is worth moving them around or trimming or just letting mother nature run its course?? Thoughts?

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
1 hour ago, Rathje70 said:

The red monti was the very first SPS I put in there and it has grown like crazy....and yes, some unique growing patterns. It is starting to run into the pocillopora so need to figure that out. My birdsnest is also growing into the monti - not sure if it is worth moving them around or trimming or just letting mother nature run its course?? Thoughts?

You could definitely let nature run it's course, one may dominate, or they may end up doing a tango back and forth. @markalot has a lot of experience with fast growing SPS corals getting tangled up together, he might have some advice. You should check out his incredible 40 gallon nano reef aquarium featured in 2018: