Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

my clarkis are jerks !

Jorge091293

Jorge091293

no matter what i do every day i come home with all my sand bed stired rock and corals on the floor and my tank completely cloudy.   my clarkis just love stiring my sand bed with their tails till a point where they tumble the rocks. is there any way to stop this ?why do they do this ?   they are recently in a 54 gallon corner reef tank , i do have another 29 gallon biocube that house a pair of clowns maybe i can move them their but even then that tank has sand as well.

Sounds like possibly brooding behavior IMO...  Not sure the word "jerk" applies here.  One possible solution is to use a larger grain sand and to rest the rocks on the bottom glass directly such that if the sand under the rocks is moved the rocks still don't move because they're not supported at all by the sand.

Don't put them in with any other clownfish species though...  They're pretty territorial. 

On 4/18/2018 at 5:15 PM, Jorge091293 said:

no matter what i do every day i come home with all my sand bed stired rock and corals on the floor and my tank completely cloudy.   my clarkis just love stiring my sand bed with their tails till a point where they tumble the rocks. is there any way to stop this ?why do they do this ?   they are recently in a 54 gallon corner reef tank , i do have another 29 gallon biocube that house a pair of clowns maybe i can move them their but even then that tank has sand as well.

All clownfish are jerks, no matter what the movies tell you.  Putting them in acclimation boxes and rearranging the rockscape could help but it may or may not make a difference.  You may just have to get rid of them.  

Jorge091293
6 hours ago, Jesterrace said:

All clownfish are jerks, no matter what the movies tell you.  Putting them in acclimation boxes and rearranging the rockscape could help but it may or may not make a difference.  You may just have to get rid of them.  

i am attached to them  cant see them go away 

6 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

I’m sure it’s the Clown’s fault. 😂

🤔

Suck the sand out and wash it a billion times until all silt is gone and then replace it so at least they can't cloud the tank? 

You could also say screw the sand all together and cover the bottom of the tank with corals. 

• Like 1
Jorge091293
On 5/4/2018 at 10:45 AM, Tamberav said:

Suck the sand out and wash it a billion times until all silt is gone and then replace it so at least they can't cloud the tank? 

You could also say screw the sand all together and cover the bottom of the tank with corals. 

would this couse a cycle 

Just now, Jorge091293 said:

would this couse a cycle 

No, brandon calls it a RIP CLEAN

Check out this thread: