Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Inkbird issues

CarolinaShoreReef

CarolinaShoreReef

Anyone know what their settings are at on their inkbird? Mine are as follows, and it lets the temp go down to ~76 before turning the heater on. Ideally I don’t want it to fluctuate more than +/-1

Ts-79

Hd-1F

Cd-2F

AH-83

AL-75

Pt-0

CA-0

CF-F

thank you 

86FE6342-9A04-462F-BE02-5E23109FF9DE.jpeg

That’s weird. I don’t have my settings in front of me but with what you have listed it seems it should turn it on at 78. That’s what mine does. 

Double check the Hd you set? 

CarolinaShoreReef
1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

Mine goes from 77-78. 

Do you know what’s different between your settings and mine? 

53 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

That’s weird. I don’t have my settings in front of me but with what you have listed it seems it should turn it on at 78. That’s what mine does. 

Double check the Hd you set? 

What should the Hd be at? This is the lowest it’ll let me do. 

10 minutes ago, CarolinaShoreReef said:

Do you know what’s different between your settings and mine? 

What should the Hd be at? This is the lowest it’ll let me do. 

HD is the heating differential.

I’d rather the tank temp not fluctuate but considering 1 degree is smallest increment this controller is capable of that’s what it should be set at. 

Hd is the heating differential.  With it set to 1 the heater should kick on at 78 degrees.  This should be indicated by the "heating" light being on. 

If the light is on and the temperature is still falling then it could be an issue with the heater.  Is there an internal thermostat on the heater? 

If the light isn't coming on until 76 then it may be an issue with the controller. 

I've been running mine for about 6 months and it consistently stays within the threshold. 

CarolinaShoreReef
5 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

HD is the heating differential.

I’d rather the tank temp not fluctuate but considering 1 degree is smallest increment this controller is capable of that’s what it should be set at. 

Yeah that’s what I’ll have to deal with with this one. 

5 minutes ago, Jackal227 said:

Hd is the heating differential.  With it set to 1 the heater should kick on at 78 degrees.  This should be indicated by the "heating" light being on. 

If the light is on and the temperature is still falling then it could be an issue with the heater.  Is there an internal thermostat on the heater? 

If the light isn't coming on until 76 then it may be an issue with the controller. 

I've been running mine for about 6 months and it consistently stays within the threshold. 

Okay I’ll take another look at it when I can. 

CarolinaShoreReef
22 minutes ago, burrito said:

as an FYI, you can get a .5 degree heating differential but you have to use Celsius instead. 

I had it set to C at first but got annoyed with not knowing it lol. I just know that 16C IS 61F I might just switch it back and get familiar with the range I need. 

1 hour ago, CarolinaShoreReef said:

So it does turn the heater on at 78 but that’s wild it gets down to 76 during the process 

What wattage is your heater?

Make sure it’s set at 79 or 80 (just slightly higher than the controller) so that it comes on right when the controller triggers it. 

• Like 1
CarolinaShoreReef
3 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

What wattage is your heater?

Make sure it’s set at 79 or 80 (just slightly higher than the controller) so that it comes on right when the controller triggers it. 

It’s a 50w. I’ll be doing that, it crossed my mind too. 

2 hours ago, ajmckay said:

Make sure your heater's thermostat is set high enough

Thanks that’s what I forgot to do. 

A Little Blue
On 4/17/2018 at 2:40 PM, CarolinaShoreReef said:

I had it set to C at first but got annoyed with not knowing it lol. I just know that 16C IS 61F I might just switch it back and get familiar with the range I need. 

F = (C x 2) + 30 

tdannhauser30
23 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Close. 

F= (C x 1.8) + 32

but it ballparks it

Leave it to the guy in the chair to know the celsius conversion

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, tdannhauser30 said:

I can’t appreciate this enough. I really can’t. Best. 

tdannhauser30
On 4/18/2018 at 11:38 PM, 1891Bro said:

I can’t appreciate this enough. I really can’t. Best. 

I see your avatar picture and it makes me smile every single time lol been looking for an excuse to say something, im glad you got it haha. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, tdannhauser30 said:

I see your avatar picture and it makes me smile every single time lol been looking for an excuse to say something, im glad you got it haha. 

My head would need a solid re####ulating to not get that. 

Martin Riggs
On 4/18/2018 at 10:58 PM, tdannhauser30 said:

Great reference. 

I would look into buying a heater with more wattage. 

On 4/18/2018 at 9:42 PM, A Little Blue said:

F = (C x 2) + 30 

I'm a 52 year old engineer and I never knew that, ahahaha. Good thing I do software :). 

A Little Blue
5 hours ago, wsonner said:

I'm a 52 year old engineer and I never knew that, ahahaha. Good thing I do software :). 

It wasn’t meant for climate change models or 52 year old engineers with sophisticated smily face. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1