SaltCritters.com

1k Gyre Icecap

Nocturnal

This pump is working out pretty well. It puts out a nice flow pattern and the controller options are intuitive and as extensive as I'd like to see. I have it mounted in the top back of my 29 Biocube as the side mounting location gave me some weird sand patterns. I have it dialed in for a slow ramp up from 30% to 100% and then back down to do the same in the other direction. I appreciate that it came with 2 sets of mesh guards to keep critters out. The tank is near my living room and the pump is nearly silent which is a huge plus. My impressions on Gyres in general is that you aren't going to get the visually impressive back and forth wave motion, but the water movement is excellent.

The only small complaint I have is that I also picked up the Icecap battery backup which integrates intelligently with the Maxspect Gyre but not their own Gyre.

• 8 months later...
Tuan’s Reef

Used to have this on my nuvo 20.  It can generate a lot of flow!  It was too much flow for my softies and lps so I went with something else. But if I am going to sps this pump is probably the best bang for the buck.