SaltCritters.com

Wrasse ID

Patrick17

I've had this fish for a couple weeks now; my journal has a few photos and I'm trying to keep a record of how it develops. 

If anyone has any idea as to what this little fish is, I would be very grateful! 

This was bought as a walindi wrasse, but I realise how rare they are on the hobby. My gut feeling is that it is a female fairy wrasse of another species but I am in no way qualified to say which! The LFS said they see them regularly, again making me doubt walindi as a positive ID, but it was imported through our largest importer who is reputable and approachable. They haven't been able to give me any details about where the fish was collected though. 

I think there are some slight marks along the back, below the dorsal fin, all evenly spaced, however these are so faint I cannot get a photo to show them. 

Whatever the fish is, its beautiful, peaceful and low maintenance *touching wood* and for the price of a yellow coris wrasse, is a little gem 

_20180413_201230.JPG

_20180406_214705.JPG

DSC_0024_1522790453836.JPG

28 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Female Cirrhilabrus flavidorsalis

That is my best guess, I think a lot of female fairys look similar though. 

I saw a photo on fishbase that made me think that too, really struggling to find photos of other female fairies to compare

19 hours ago, RayWhisperer said:

C. adornatus, possibly? Like tamberav said, though, a lot of females are very similar.

Thank you; I guess we're going to have to wait and see what happens as it matures. I will carry on putting photos in my tank journal