Coral Vue Hydros

KSPSREEF is a Fraud

Rathje70

Was seeking out an AI Controller and KSPSREEF (Kris Watson supposedly) reached out with pictures of one she/he had for sale. Was very responsive up until I sent money via PayPal and haven't heard since....what should I do about this???

8 minutes ago, Rathje70 said:

Was seeking out an AI Controller and KSPSREEF (Kris Watson supposedly) reached out with pictures of one she/he had for sale. Was very responsive up until I sent money via PayPal and haven't heard since....what should I do about this???

If you didn't send it as friend/family, than dispute it.

However, how long has it been?

Edit: Looks like that user just joined March 30th.

I sent it over as if I was sending money for a "purchase". I sent it early yesterday morning and haven't heard anything since. Though, the user was very responsive right up until I sent the money and then went silent which is why I don't feel very comfortable.

5 minutes ago, Rathje70 said:

I sent it over as if I was sending money for a "purchase". I sent it early yesterday morning and haven't heard anything since. Though, the user was very responsive right up until I sent the money and then went silent which is why I don't feel very comfortable.

Dispute with Paypal. They will freeze the funds and he will suddenly want to talk to you.  24 hours isn't that long of a time though. It's entirely possible he just got busy.

• Like 1

Agreed - it was literally such a quick response time with the seconds before I paid. After I paid...nothing - even though he/she said they would send me a message after it was shipped. Thanks for the feedback!

If you paid with a purchase than you can just dispute it so its not a huge deal. I don't think you gave that member long enough to respond, let alone ship it. When people scam, they generally have you pay as a 'gift'. It is sort of pointless to scam otherwise since paypal can just reverse the charge. 

If you are extra paranoid you can film the unboxing of the item incase someone ever tried to mail an empty box.

• Like 1
RayWhisperer

The reason this may be an actual scam. First, OP was searching for the item. Not replying to a for sale thread. Reason 2, sellers name is Watson, first name Kris, with a K. Possibly another account created by kimballreef.

kimballreef was permabanned, as was the other account. This is kimballreefs exact MO. I hope I’m wrong. However, if this is a scam, inform CM, and link this thread. Gotta keep these shitbags outta our site.

Edit. Just looked at your thread in hardware. Just like kimballreef, this was done via PM. Let CM know we might have another kimballreef on the site.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I will report to CM and disputed it a couple of days ago though haven’t heard anything yet from PayPal and money already has left my account....