Top Shelf Aquatics

Another skimmer question

Jake270

So I set up the eshopps s-200 on my Red Sea 250 and yeah the thing want to over foam the sump. In recommended level of water raised and all but can’t keep it from going absolutely ballistic. To the point over wanting to foam over the sump. I’ve cut it off for the time being. I know they have to break in but this is discouraging. I’ve raised it  opened air and gate valve all the way and still will just spew out rapidly. Even if cup removed. Do I just keep raising the darn thing but soon it will be out the water? BC2A8439-1475-4C5B-8EB3-23F050FE3A6E.thumb.jpeg.30c36e5670de8c7a0a11e60ab74bebb0.jpeg

HarryPotter

Looks like it is trying to do its job, some sort of nastiness in there. Bubbles don’t stay like that typically. Maybe water changes to take out whatever contaminant is in there..

I mean the skimmer is brand new so I know it comes with release agents and crap that makes them go crazy but I can't let it run like that it will overflow the sump

HarryPotter

Oh you didn’t clean it first? Yeah that’ll do it. Typically one would run it in vinegar or something first to get all the nasty oils and stuff off. Same thing though, now those chemicals are in the water so they just need to be diluted for the skimmer to work properly.