ReefCleaners.org

Best all in one nano under 20 gals and under 300$?

jkei

Ok sooo.. Getting ready to get back into the hobby. Previously had a 40 gal tall mixed reef tank. I am looking for an all in one this time and small.. Interested in the fluval 13.5 but would need upgrades.. Any input is appreciated.. Ready go

I'm fairly happy with my IM Nuvo 14g Peninsula. It's what I'm coming back to the hobby with. Seems like a quality tank. I bought the media rack that IM makes for it as well as the fish guard and diy mesh lid kit. Wish I didn't have to make the lid myself but I like that Innovative Marine has the extra goodies made for the tank. I haven't start putting livestock in yet but I'm already wishing I went with the 20g. 

CarolinaShoreReef

Absolutely love my IM lagoon 25. 5 more gallons than you’re asking for but consider that not in the display. They go for $250 and you can build a stand for it really easily. 

Innovative Marine

14g peninsula 

10g Nuvo

20g nuvo

25g lagoon

All excellent tanks

The fluval evo is also another nice tank.

All of them will require some modification like needing powerheads, heaters, filter media baskets.

The IM's will need a light where the fluval comes with one which works for soft and lps corals. You can upgrade light if you choose later on.

I really do like the Fluval Evo 13.5.  As mentioned above most of us end up modifying them, changing out parts and adding a powerhead for additional flow. It is a great tank and can support many corals even a good number of SPS when placed higher in the tank.