Innovative Marine Aquariums

The 10g Holding Tank

TotesMaGoat

TotesMaGoat

Fusion 10g. Started 08/2017.

I started to piece together a 50 breeder and will be setting it up in June after I move, so the 10g has become more of a holding tank of some frags im trying to grow out some for the 50.

Thought I'd create a thread for the 10g since I don't currently have one, enjoy!

PS- sorry for the bad pictures, I used my Ipad

Equipment:

• InTank Media basket w/ carbon and filter floss
  • Kessil 160W
  • Apex jr
  • sicce .5 return
  • jaebo rw4 currently dont use (acts as a good break filling up during WC)

Inhabitants:

• Possum Wrasse
  • Peppermint shrimp

FTS

1/29

DSC02072.thumb.jpg.db615a397f1bfff0d4abbb98e62a197c.jpg

Pictures from this morning

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

DSC02072.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice frags!.. liking the new tank.

Too . good luck can't wait to see it fill up.. oh and just watch that peppermint shrimp mine was a perfect citizen for months then it went rogue and started eating corals??

Happy reefing ?

TotesMaGoat
22 hours ago, Weikel said:

Nice frags!.. liking the new tank.

Too . good luck can't wait to see it fill up.. oh and just watch that peppermint shrimp mine was a perfect citizen for months then it went rogue and started eating corals??

Happy reefing ?

Thanks! Yes the peppermint didnt last long, I found him eating my agave palys and he took a ride down the pooper express.

Heres some better pictures. Sorry im new to this macro thing

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01956.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC01960.jpg

DSC01963.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

DSC01988.jpg

DSC01997.jpg

DSC01979.jpg

DSC01991.jpg

DSC01973.jpg

DSC01973.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

DSC01987.jpg

DSC01995.jpg

DSC01993.jpg

DSC01989.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
TotesMaGoat

Stopped by the Frag swap today here in San Antonio. Didnt plan to buy anything as I dont have any room and want to wait till the upgrade, but I saw 2 frags that really caught my eye so dropped that plan pretty quick. was my first year at the LMAR swap, lots of sweet pieces!

DSC02068.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

Also had gotten an order in from Aqua SD on Friday, also why I wasn't planning on buying anything at the swap.

DSC02063.jpg

DSC02060.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

DSC02075.jpg

DSC02065.jpg

DSC02072.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
TotesMaGoat
On 5/17/2018 at 7:28 PM, Type-H20 said:

You’ve got some nice frags there.

Thanks! I appreciate it. Losing some polyps to some sort of pest.

11 minutes ago, TotesMaGoat said:

Thanks! I appreciate it. Losing some polyps to some sort of pest.

Sorry to hear that.  What is it?

TotesMaGoat
12 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

Sorry to hear that.  What is it?

Not sure, I’ve lost the skirts on a couple larger paly frags, they grow back but eventually get eaten again, and recently it’s found a taste for Rastas have lots a few polyps. I’ve stayed up with a flashlight and scoured for the culprit a few nights this week but haven’t seen anything. I took out a large nudi a few months ago and am convinced I’ve still got one. 

1 minute ago, TotesMaGoat said:

Not sure, I’ve lost the skirts of my on a couple larger play frags, they grow bag but eventually get eaten again, and recently it’s found a taste for Rastas have lots a few polyps. I’ve stayed up with a flashlight and scoured for the culprit a few nights this week but haven’t seen anything. I took out a large nudi a few months ago and am convinced I’ve still got one. 

Have you tried dipping them?  

TotesMaGoat

I dipped a few of the frags but nothing, i think it was hiding out in the bigger Rock but I don’t want to dip that. I’ll be moving and setting up the new tank early July, I’ll dip all the frags and cut the ones off the LR just hope my rastas last till then!

3 minutes ago, TotesMaGoat said:

I dipped a few of the frags but nothing, i think it was hiding out in the bigger Rock but I don’t want to dip that. I’ll be moving and setting up the new tank early July, I’ll dip all the frags and cut the ones off the LR just hope my rastas last till then!

You have a bigger tank planned.   I would ditch the sand out of the IM10, run it bare bottom.  Then you can go hunting.  I would dip everything.  

TotesMaGoat

Have been slowly vacuuming sand out during water changes but the LR has made it hard to get it all.

i hadn’t seen my possum wrasse for a day, which is weird as he’s always visible. Tore apart the tank and still nothing. Have so many frags in there I ended up having to ditch a piece of LR and cutting the frags off to make them all fit back in. I finally looked in the media basket, low and behold there he was! I think he slipped through the overflow as opposed to jumping over. On the plus side I opened up the tank a little with some of that LR being gone.

going to make a build thread for the 50 soon. I had bought a second hand no name rimless for the build. Glass is only 1/4” thick. I eventually decided I wanted something with thicker glass and ended up buying an aquamaxx 48 and drilled it last weekend for a modular marine 800gph overflow. Super impressed with this tank and worth every penny. Anticipating on setting it up as soon as we get moved in to the new home early July. I also built a hanger for my ATI fixture using some wood and electrical conduit which will be mounted to the wall. Very excited for this build as I have been planning it for nearly 6 months. My last 40 breeder was slapped together and was such an eyesore in the room, as well as the equipment being used and subpar. I made sure I did it right this time.

im a middle school science teacher and this is our last week of class. My IM10 is going to be used as a classroom tank next year. Very excited to see how that plays out!

You've got a great assortment of corals!  Mind telling me where you buy your zoas from?  I'm looking to place a large zoa order online in the next couple months. 

TotesMaGoat
20 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

You've got a great assortment of corals!  Mind telling me where you buy your zoas from?  I'm looking to place a large zoa order online in the next couple months. 

Thanks! A majority of them have come from local reefers, I have also used myreeftoyours for a few

• Thanks 1
TotesMaGoat

These little hydroid things really took off. I got them on a frag around January or feb and they’re growing on my rocks now. They grow on the stalks of my zoas and grow by sending out runners. I’d like to get rid of them before setting up the 50, I’m going to chip everything off the rocks and manually pluck it all off before moving it over. So fare I’ve been using tweezers to clear it off frags about once a month.

815E7539-F397-44F3-9D06-F3BC251CDFEE.jpeg

80CC9BE7-39C8-4AF9-9D34-CCB93A9E4487.jpeg

48695011-1741-4337-B57A-257D14A54247.jpeg

TotesMaGoat

Just got back from New Orleans after a week, had a friend down the street look after tank, everything looks as if I never left!😁

• Like 1
On 6/22/2018 at 4:07 PM, TotesMaGoat said:

Just got back from New Orleans after a week, had a friend down the street look after tank, everything looks as if I never left!😁

You passed right through my neck of the woods then! Man I wish I knew people in my area that had frags to sell like you have. I drove over to Lafayette and thought I found a good spot and then realized that they had more pest than a $20 a night hotel. New Orleans is just a little too far to get coral and Houston is doable but with how my wrangler is on petro, ordering online just makes sense for me. I've been trying to join the "Bayou Reef Keepers" forum to get some local frag sources. But it tells me I can't create an account. IDK...... Very nice collection.