Cultivated Reef

LITTLE BLUE| IM30L (picking up pieces after the crush)

A Little Blue

A Little Blue
11 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Itll be fine.

How will you feed the tank?

Automated?

Yeah, auto feeder on IM30 but I don’t have anything that I can use to feed my frag tank😕

Not worrying about Tailspot or Pipefish (there are some pods and algae in there) but two tinny baby Clowns. 

I don’t know..... maybe one of those dissolving feeding crap? But not sure if it’s worth the risk? 

D5076922-2C03-40A8-BB27-B4F2D5FEB400.thumb.jpeg.778206d5233078a81208d11d6f6bdfc6.jpeg182D4250-13FD-4CE2-A92A-27E62B281878.thumb.jpeg.7b6f5244301a1fb28f252f1f8b3fa839.jpeg

A Little Blue

Leaving for vaca later today. 

Check list:

5g ATO + additional 1g as backup set to fill ATO reservoir 730ml daily through DOS doser. 

Alk/Cal doser set and doubled checked. 

Flow/lights slightly dialed down (%10). 

Feeder set and tape-secured to make sure it stays in place. Feeding, twice per day. 

Skimmer dialed way down. So no overflow issues but it will add some additional gas exchange. 

No changes in filter media and no new equipment added. Filter floss removed. 

Decided to use Tetra Vacation auto feeder gel in my frag tank to keep two clowns alive. Hopefully, it won’t crush that tank. 

I can monitor basic parameters with my Apex while away but there is only so much that can be done from thousands of miles away. 

Will post pics from sandy beaches and hopefully some cute critters/fish of the sea. 

Added pics of the the little guys in frag tank, in case they won’t make it. 

133900C0-787A-4470-96F7-75A237E1A3E6.thumb.jpeg.8078844f49a10db0687757bd6f4cbdb1.jpeg

9C0A2CAC-27BF-455C-8826-66094671B9F4.thumb.jpeg.06792ea07cbe52d2cf51ab504ee3f10c.jpeg

EC6DE405-E86C-4D4A-90FF-50BEA2A7AB7B.thumb.jpeg.e4abdfe18a95760dad6c809104061999.jpeg

402B589A-D98B-401D-B931-759FD7327342.thumb.jpeg.036c6b07c33fc1464ce56489c91dc112.jpeg

• Like 4
A Little Blue
3 hours ago, spectra said:

Enjoy the vacation and fingers crossed no issues......

No one checking on the tanks for you?

Thanks and no. Daughter is coming with us and my mother that will stay over at our place for that time well, ........ she knows not to come near the tank.😂🤣

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

Thanks and no. Daughter is coming with us and my mother that will stay over at our place for that time well, ........ she knows not to come near the tank.😂🤣

Hey understand that one but figured she could drop a little food in there maybe. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Leaving for vaca later today. 

Check list:

5g ATO + additional 1g as backup set to fill ATO reservoir 730ml daily through DOS doser. 

Alk/Cal doser set and doubled checked. 

Flow/lights slightly dialed down (%10). 

Feeder set and tape-secured to make sure it stays in place. Feeding, twice per day. 

Skimmer dialed way down. So no overflow issues but it will add some additional gas exchange. 

No changes in filter media and no new equipment added. Filter floss removed. 

Decided to use Tetra Vacation auto feeder gel in my frag tank to keep two clowns alive. Hopefully, it won’t crush that tank. 

I can monitor basic parameters with my Apex while away but there is only so much that can be done from thousands of miles away. 

Will post pics from sandy beaches and hopefully some cute critters/fish of the sea. 

Added pics of the the little guys in frag tank, in case they won’t make it. 

133900C0-787A-4470-96F7-75A237E1A3E6.thumb.jpeg.8078844f49a10db0687757bd6f4cbdb1.jpeg

9C0A2CAC-27BF-455C-8826-66094671B9F4.thumb.jpeg.06792ea07cbe52d2cf51ab504ee3f10c.jpeg

EC6DE405-E86C-4D4A-90FF-50BEA2A7AB7B.thumb.jpeg.e4abdfe18a95760dad6c809104061999.jpeg

402B589A-D98B-401D-B931-759FD7327342.thumb.jpeg.036c6b07c33fc1464ce56489c91dc112.jpeg

Enjoy the vacation, try not to worry about the tanks too much. I still haven't gone on vacation while having my reef, probably gonna be worried the whole time. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
9 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Enjoy the vacation, try not to worry about the tanks too much. I still haven't gone on vacation while having my reef, probably gonna be worried the whole time. 

Thanks buddy. 🍺

Every time you leave your tank for extended period of time, disastrous scenarios play out in the back of your head. It isn’t the first time away from this tank but first time completely unattended and on full autopilot. 

Equipment failure is my only concern. 

But I sure will enjoy my vaca. 

A book, photography and  booze time b!tches!!😉

Next post from DR beaches🕶

• Like 4
A Little Blue
2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

You're welcome, that sounds like a damn good time. I hope you're sharing some of the pics :happydance:. I'm gonna live vicariously through you lol.

Got my speedos, shades and swagger so yeah, with a bit of booze, pics will definitely happen.  🕶🍺🏄🏻‍♂️🌅

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

Got my speedos, shades and swagger so yeah, with a bit of booze, pics will definitely happen.  🕶🍺🏄🏻‍♂️🌅

Hmm we might be able to so without the speedo pics...all else is fair game though😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
A Little Blue
22 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Hmm we might be able to so without the speedo pics...all else is fair game though😂

20 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Have fun!

Literally, water dripping on our heads. Roof leaking, no sane person to talk to. 

I quess we should consider ourselves lucky, after all, we booked luxury suites. 🤣😂🤣

Beaches........ holly f%ck!!! Haven’t seen that kind of filth ever. 

Booze keeps me sane!!!!! 

Wife is drunk out of her mind🙄

Out friends ....... same. 

Good times. 👍

D86BF55E-3883-48A6-A693-06E190A19B21.thumb.jpeg.1671534ce4a05dcb3c90b5ea7ee9784b.jpeg

Temp/PH seems fine. No issues so far. 

81E497AA-2DBE-4254-A9C6-D95C732D1AD9.thumb.png.b2be15d435ad333fb07cc663c450008a.png

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Literally, water dripping on our heads. Roof leaking, no sane person to talk to. 

I quess we should consider ourselves lucky, after all, we booked luxury suites. 🤣😂🤣

Beaches........ holly f%ck!!! Haven’t seen that kind of filth ever. 

Booze keeps me sane!!!!! 

Wife is drunk out of her mind🙄

Out friends ....... same. 

Good times. 👍

D86BF55E-3883-48A6-A693-06E190A19B21.thumb.jpeg.1671534ce4a05dcb3c90b5ea7ee9784b.jpeg

Temp/PH seems fine. No issues so far. 

81E497AA-2DBE-4254-A9C6-D95C732D1AD9.thumb.png.b2be15d435ad333fb07cc663c450008a.png

Filth at the beach .......... trash?  Or ..... fun filthy? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
A Little Blue
4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Filth at the beach .......... trash?  Or ..... fun filthy? 

Trash. Not at resort’ private beach but literally few yards from it (supposedly one of the top ***** resorts on the island). But that’s not the worst of it...... Wife and her girlfriend took a swim in what they though was a river ( ofcause both wasted). It wasn’t 🤫🤢

They swapped our leaking top floor rooms for VIP rooms so all is good at this point, but we really should have gone to Costarica or lagoons of Mexico. 

My buddy couldn’t keep up and is out cold. So drinkn solo watching wife’s regretful face.🥴

• Haha 1
  • Wow 3
5 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Trash. Not at resort’ private beach but literally few yards from it (supposedly one of the top ***** resorts on the island). But that’s not the worst of it...... Wife and her girlfriend took a swim in what they though was a river ( ofcause both wasted). It wasn’t 🤫🤢

They swapped our leaking top floor rooms for VIP rooms so all is good at this point, but we really should have gone to Costarica or lagoons of Mexico. 

My buddy couldn’t keep up and is out cold. So drinkn solo watching wife’s regretful face.🥴

It wasn't a river ...... what was it?  Outfall? 

Sounds like you missed the magic spot of timing with the drunken wife.  

• Haha 3
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

It wasn't a river ...... what was it?  Outfall? 

Sounds like you missed the magic spot of timing with the drunken wife.  

Exactly.🤣

Sewer at its finest. 

I think the magic spot vanished after the feces spa dipping. 

• Haha 5
  • Wow 1
5 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Exactly.🤣

Sewer at its finest. 

I think the magic spot vanished after the feces spa dipping. 

Lol ......... great stories for years to come!

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
29 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Omg thats terrible 😲. Are there any nice places? As long as you have beer and your not in the cold I guess it's a good thing

• Like 1
A Little Blue
6 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Lol ......... great stories for years to come!

Naaaaa, this is a regular day of my life. 

Boring and full of feces. 

Dropping these weaklings tommorow and going solo. Gonna talk to some locals and make my own booze. 

12 “homo” drinks later and couple shots of local’ own finest, I stil can’t feel a buzz. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
A Little Blue

14 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Omg thats terrible 😲. Are there any nice places? As long as you have beer and your not in the cold I guess it's a good thing

It’s not my kinda vaca. I hate these boring resorts. There used to be nice places on the island but IDK what has changed.... Perhaps bc we decided to try the other side of the island. No clue but this is a one, beautifully gift wrapped sh!thole.

• Wow 1
10 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Naaaaa, this is a regular day of my life. 

Boring and full of feces. 

Dropping these weaklings tommorow and going solo. Gonna talk to some locals and make my own booze. 

12 “homo” drinks later and couple shots of local’ own finest, I stil can’t feel a buzz. 

Little paper umbrellas?

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
19 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

It’s not my kinda vaca. I hate these boring resorts. There used to be nice places on the island but IDK what has changed.... Perhaps bc we decided to try the other side of the island. No clue but this is a one, beautifully gift wrapped sh!thole.

Oh man that sucks. Well I hope you find a good spot to hit..

• Like 1
A Little Blue
17 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

.......you didnt gay it up enough. 

Balls deep, buddy. #umbrellas  

Back home I make my own booze. 

Base ingredient .......

DB83A3A3-E82E-4162-B5E2-DF58AE52F175.jpeg.116a8038eca9f24f07d88ac3173c206f.jpeg

Cold shot glasses and guaranteed buzz. 

Saw an old man in Borat bikini earlier..... very disturbing but at least the guy had a sense of humor.🤣

4 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Oh man that sucks. Well I hope you find a good spot to hit..

I’m going to hit some spots for sure. Lol

• Like 1