inTank Media Baskets

LITTLE BLUE| IM30L (picking up pieces after the crush)

A Little Blue

A Little Blue
58 minutes ago, specore said:

Should we tell him now or let him enjoy being young and naive? 🙂

This UV sterilizer is so good that I am afraid to turn it on. 😉

Nano Nano Boo Boo
1 hour ago, specore said:

Should we tell him now or let him enjoy being young and naive? 🙂

Haha! Maybe a little of both! He’s big on research. Plus my oldest son just picked up a 20 Nuvo so I’ll need his help keeping things in check. Lol. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Haha! Maybe a little of both! He’s big on research. Plus my oldest son just picked up a 20 Nuvo so I’ll need his help keeping things in check. Lol. 

And I though that next generation is doomed and so is this hobby.....

KW NANOREEF
4 hours ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

@MacAttack just needs to fall in love with research the way I did. I am a lot like you in the sense that I could spend hours reading through forums or watching YouTube videos on a topic. I got into this hobby because I loved researching it so much, that I had to get a tank

A Little Blue
36 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

@MacAttack just needs to fall in love with research the way I did. I am a lot like you in the sense that I could spend hours reading through forums or watching YouTube videos on a topic. I got into this hobby because I loved researching it so much, that I had to get a tank

What I love about “research” the most is that there is no consensus on anything. And if there is, it falls on its face in a matter of years. 

I swear, in few years we will be dosing phosphates. Lol 

• Like 1
Nano Nano Boo Boo
52 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

What I love about “research” the most is that there is no consensus on anything. And if there is, it falls on its face in a matter of years. 

I swear, in few years we will be dosing phosphates. Lol 

This made me laugh way too loud. 

1 hour ago, KW NANOREEF said:

Couldn’t agree more. The great thing with kids in this hobby is you’re building research habits that will pay off your entire life. Hopefully he keeps researching and builds an awesome system. 

A Little Blue

Ordered 2 more fans from the same brand that can be daisy chained to one controller. (Temperature inside cabinet appears to be stable between 79-81 but I rather go for overkill then regret saving $20 on addiction safty. Light is running at %10 so these numbers could be deceiving) 

Cool frag transportation mini-bucket is coming later today in the mail. I’ll post pics when I get home. 

And another frag from my buddy. This one is a freebie (gotta love the guy). 

Coops hoeksama

73F5A611-67B2-4D76-A7AC-917272DB378A.thumb.jpeg.2352b55f6cc25f478b80e220abb66028.jpeg

Frag tank setup is a little frustrating as I can’t decide what filtration route I want to go with. On one hand, I like simplistic approach and on the other hand I might turn this tank into another nano tank setup. Since working in such a small space isn’t that much fun, I would like to get it right the first time around. 

2 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Ordered 2 more fans from the same brand that can be daisy chained to one controller. (Temperature inside cabinet appears to be stable between 79-81 but I rather go for overkill then regret saving $20 on addiction safty. Light is running at %10 so these numbers could be deceiving) 

Cool frag transportation mini-bucket is coming later today in the mail. I’ll post pics when I get home. 

And another frag from my buddy. This one is a freebie (gotta love the guy). 

Coops hoeksama

73F5A611-67B2-4D76-A7AC-917272DB378A.thumb.jpeg.2352b55f6cc25f478b80e220abb66028.jpeg

Frag tank setup is a little frustrating as I can’t decide what filtration route I want to go with. On one hand, I like simplistic approach and on the other hand I might turn this tank into another nano tank setup. Since working in such a small space isn’t that much fun, I would like to get it right the first time around. 

Very nice freebie!

A Little Blue
19 hours ago, specore said:

Very nice freebie!

Very nice guy. 

Load of boxes awaited at the door.

Phyto packaging was very impressive.👍

Two smaller fans and items for phyto farm. 

21CAB928-A8F2-419A-A869-14890019709A.thumb.jpeg.ac7e62da286933d3055a1d89f9d42c50.jpeg

6365C92A-B600-4699-9638-8528A570D216.thumb.jpeg.10428b012ef2203614eecc14f7b3ef86.jpeg

• Like 2
A Little Blue

Always wanted to get one. 

At the Reefapalooza they were selling similar ones for $40. 

This one looks and feel a whole lot better. And it’s cheaper. 

1B559544-7E84-4D6A-8C52-DC3A6A3EE0FA.thumb.jpeg.d5e339c3bc385e78f9cc7873ae3f7cfa.jpeg

A Little Blue

Decided to go with what I know works for ME (similar filtration to IM30L). 

65B2BD0E-CBE8-4AAC-B87A-6EBE2604ED67.thumb.jpeg.7a96c168b004542496c047e138c57355.jpeg

Dosing container for phyto is on the way from China so temporary fixture will have to suffice for now. 

82DE6DA8-9374-4F61-B17D-FD59321854CF.thumb.jpeg.c5600e383d054ffa628d727a6cf9edb5.jpeg

AquaSD seems to have a decent sale. And even tho I never order corals online, it was too tempting. 

437AB029-425F-4AD4-AD09-A00D6C7CFA73.jpeg.992323d2e3e89c7e5eba030f3f436960.jpegD62AB041-141F-4833-B68A-C10D8730D17C.jpeg.de5688807a8091b90a53a9a8c63896cd.jpeg

A Little Blue
8 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Phyto set up looks awesome! I’ve been looking at their site as well. Got some great stuff and some great deals. 

Thanks. Store bought phyto is going to cost me about $200 per year. So it makes sense to try DIY route and save some $ for hardware upgrades of cool corals. 

I always preach how online vendors pull those ridiculous prices out of their a**. 

But AquaSD prices with discounts were reasonable. And frags of Goni or Dendro are hard to come by in local community so yeah, I had to open my wallet to them. 

What did you get? 

Nano Nano Boo Boo
6 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Thanks. Store bought phyto is going to cost me about $200 per year. So it makes sense to try DIY route and save some $ for hardware upgrades of cool corals. 

I always preach how online vendors pull those ridiculous prices out of their a**. 

But AquaSD prices with discounts were reasonable. And frags of Goni or Dendro are hard to come by in local community so yeah, I had to open my wallet to them. 

What did you get? 

I haven’t ordered from them, yet. Was looking closely at a few of their torches. I’ve got some goodies in the works with @HarryPotter so keeping space open for them. 

I woukd check out Hydra Aquatics as well. Ordered a few things from them a few weeks back and was shocked. $40 Duncan frag ended up being 6 heads and Pink Hammer frag was a solid 3. Great to work with and Cheryl can find about anything you need. 

A Little Blue
23 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

I haven’t ordered from them, yet. Was looking closely at a few of their torches. I’ve got some goodies in the works with @HarryPotter so keeping space open for them. 

I woukd check out Hydra Aquatics as well. Ordered a few things from them a few weeks back and was shocked. $40 Duncan frag ended up being 6 heads and Pink Hammer frag was a solid 3. Great to work with and Cheryl can find about anything you need. 

Cool. Stocking up is a fun and expensive part of this hobby but so rewarding. 

Thanks for the offer but I really have no idea what I want or need. I’m eyeing few Montis, Gorgonians and sponges but these I can probably get locally. I am looking however for captive bred pair of Pipefish. Or at least pair that eats prepared food. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue

Brief update on the frag tank: 

No diatoms or any other algae outbreak. 

Snail and crabs that were tossed in there are doing just fine. 

Added mini algae refugium in the back chamber with bunch of bio-MarinePure spheres (few were from the old tank, populated with bacteria ofcause).

Added two smaller fans. One for fresh air intake and the other for cooling water in return pump chamber. 

1C85D01B-E994-4815-B08A-04C762B6818E.thumb.jpeg.11de71cbeca5f555c50b7f1558b51d26.jpeg

With doors closed- fan lines up with return chamber. 

69F3474E-6E7B-4D57-B968-29D9D0F41397.thumb.jpeg.6b15f693c957a1c12eb367b50107d8a4.jpeg

Fresh air intake fan. 

E05D484A-B277-4C5C-B524-232F3B23E8AA.thumb.jpeg.e452594de02e3f7134225d0994cd12e6.jpeg

Quick frag-tank shot. 

E75CF148-8F15-4454-B9CA-89FC394A79F9.thumb.jpeg.e1ffe8c2966d1e701dcc1c9b44bf4a30.jpeg

And if if anyone is interested in cheap (4inch wide blade)more efficient way to clean glass, try this. It’s all made out of plastic, except a blade 🙄 (just make sure you clean blades with vinegar or alcohol b4 use): 

1831D7BA-D423-4DC8-95DD-D4624E631F95.thumb.jpeg.eeb2e1dd753c00b8dec046fe8346b398.jpeg

DFDA948B-3718-47B2-8419-98C772C132F1.thumb.jpeg.4e7ea5951dc2c167008ec51e21f816a9.jpeg

Home Depot paint section. 

A Little Blue
9 minutes ago, specore said:

Looking good.  That video almost makes me regret selling my Kessils 🙂

Thanks. I do have a soft spot for Kessils. 

There is a local guy selling AP700 Kessil for $400😳 Now, that’s an amazing light. 

Now I can compare AI Prime HD to Kessil directly. 

And It’s a tough call......

2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Thanks. I do have a soft spot for Kessils. 

There is a local guy selling AP700 Kessil for $400😳 Now, that’s an amazing light. 

Now I can compare AI Prime HD to Kessil directly. 

And It’s a tough call......

Yeah.  Its the shadowing and shimmer that gets me.  On the other hand the mutli channedl control you get with other modern lights is awesome as well.  Can't have it all I guess.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, specore said:

Yeah.  Its the shadowing and shimmer that gets me.  On the other hand the mutli channedl control you get with other modern lights is awesome as well.  Can't have it all I guess.  

You can though 👀

No shadowing AND multi channel control 

yrpfYPJ.jpg

• Like 1
A Little Blue
2 minutes ago, specore said:

You would have get creative with LEDs and T5s to get the best of both worlds. 

But at this price point.......? No, you can’t have it both ways. 

Controls are nice but in all honesty, less you play with your light (but it is tempting) the better off your corals are going to be. 

I like to set it and forget it. The only feature that is really useful is acclimation period. 

A Little Blue
7 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

You can though 👀

No shadowing AND multi channel control 

yrpfYPJ.jpg

I like this light but its size isn’t going to work for me. If I ever go bigger than most definitely.