SaltCritters.com

LITTLE BLUE| IM30L (picking up pieces after the crush)

A Little Blue

A Little Blue
2 hours ago, spectra said:

Nice frag !

My local will snip stuff as they get big colonies in.........

Thanks. Fellow reefer brought in similar milli (trade) and owner said that he’s keeping that on for himself. Felt bad and cut similar one from his own display tank. If I see something nice growing out of the water or super close to another colony I try to force his hand and sell from his display. 

I will upload vids in a minute from 8moths ago and now. A progression of this tank. 

A Little Blue

Full tank shot (short version part II ) :

Shot with Canon EOS Rebel SL2, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro lens (no image stabilization) with brown filter on tripod. 

Edited in free Videoshop app. No post production color/image correction. 

• Like 4
A Little Blue
1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

Tank is looking great. So much life in a small area.

-D

Thank you Dave. Tiny tinkler syndrome could be challenging at times but I ménage. 😂👍

• Like 2
A Little Blue

In case anyone was wondering about light settings in those vids. Well, I like my tank white at 45-50% color on Kessils. Blues kick in for the last 5 hrs of the light cycle, from about 6-11pm. 

Last vid, FTS, top/down, Bolt (deepwater Chromis), Clowns and Tailspot. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Almost forgot about my BD but hotel’ team didn’t. Very nice gesture. 

138426DD-F766-497F-A1B5-A56F815E99BA.thumb.jpeg.23e7794a8b614db53d97c97b44e494e6.jpeg

F5AB9190-9179-4877-88FC-24C377343D26.thumb.jpeg.9747819a1dee86801a4b48b4aa53faf8.jpeg

hope you are having a good trip! 😊

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
A Little Blue
19 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

F5AB9190-9179-4877-88FC-24C377343D26.thumb.jpeg.9747819a1dee86801a4b48b4aa53faf8.jpeg

hope you are having a good trip! 😊

Thank you, we do. Wine is cheaper than water or beer soooooo..... 

As far as the place we are staying in, they just had a very good deal that’s all. 

😘😘😘

• Like 2
A Little Blue

Wyoming and Montana next. Was going to take my daughter to Cali and neighboring states but not looking forward to typhus infested streets of LA or SF. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue

Not enough time or adequate light to make any meaningful vacation aftermath summarization but both tanks seem OK from what I can tell. I don’t see a scunk shrimp but I can see what appears to be a molt entangled in one of the wave pumps. Or it could be just what’s left of him, don’t know at this point. There was some interesting growth and coloring up on few, newish frags. All fish, Urchin etc seem just fine. 

No major issues as far as I can tell. I’ll test water, refill ATO and make some adjustments to the skimmer, Apex and doser tomorrow. Won’t bore you with that. 

That’s it!!! 👍

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Thanks. It was great. Nice place. 👍

Glad you had a good time 😀. One day my wife and I will get to go somewhere other than the US

• Like 1
A Little Blue
2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Glad you had a good time 😀. One day my wife and I will get to go somewhere other than the US

Nothing wrong with US. Wish I could see more of it. Personally, I like exploring new places, history, culture. My wife is more of a beach whale.  

On the the side note, tank related:

- pretty sure Skunk shrimp is death 

- one of two part dosing lines were dry due to low liquid level. 

- new Pink Cadillac acro looks identical to what I got a while back from AquaSD under name Jesus acro or something. 

- Some hair algae showed up on new frag rock/plugs. Perhaps they’re leaching some phosphates or something.... not sure. 

- frag tank is getting no love so I might move it from inside the cabinet and setting it up next to IM30.  

- getting another Kessil 360X to replace one of 160s next week or so. 

- thinking about switching to BRS two part. 

- need to get that auto water change project finished. 🙄

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
30 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Nothing wrong with US. Wish I could see more of it. Personally, I like exploring new places, history, culture. My wife is more of a beach whale.  

On the the side note, tank related:

- pretty sure Skunk shrimp is death 

- one of two part dosing lines were dry due to low liquid level. 

- new Pink Cadillac acro looks identical to what I got a while back from AquaSD under name Jesus acro or something. 

- Some hair algae showed up on new frag rock/plugs. Perhaps they’re leaching some phosphates or something.... not sure. 

- frag tank is getting no love so I might move it from inside the cabinet and setting it up next to IM30.  

- getting another Kessil 360X to replace one of 160s next week or so. 

- thinking about switching to BRS two part. 

- need to get that auto water change project finished. 🙄

My first vacation away from the tank is going to be stressful. The cichlids are easy, feed them right before I leave and feed and waterchange when I get back. Leaving the reef for a week is going to blow. Especially since I've almost won the algae battle. Will see, not going on vacation for a few months so I'll be able to prep.

Only place out of the us was bermuda and I'd love to go back there. It's so nice to visit and there is all kinds of stuff to do on that tiny island. Some day will take a nice trip somewhere.

• Like 1
A Little Blue
7 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

My first vacation away from the tank is going to be stressful. The cichlids are easy, feed them right before I leave and feed and waterchange when I get back. Leaving the reef for a week is going to blow. Especially since I've almost won the algae battle. Will see, not going on vacation for a few months so I'll be able to prep.

Only place out of the us was bermuda and I'd love to go back there. It's so nice to visit and there is all kinds of stuff to do on that tiny island. Some day will take a nice trip somewhere.

Leaving a tank for a week or two is always a bit stressful. At least few hrs b4 leaving and on the way back from the airport upon return. Lol 

Take a weekend away from home and see what happens. Pretty sure nothing bad would happen and your confidence to leave it on auto pilot will grow from there. Dosing pumps and feeder is really all you need. You could lower the light intensity for that period, do a water change and make sure your essentials are all in working order. 

Hope you get a break and take a well deserved vaca soon. We all need some time off to recharge batteries. 

• Like 2
A Little Blue

OK, I’m pretty sure what caused GHA to take off.  Simply speaking, it was kind of a dumb idea on my part to add ChemiPure bag (b4 leaving for vaca) in overflow chamber just above macro algae. This caused macro to starve and melt. 

So now, getting rid off the gha and replenishing macro algae with new batch. Will report in few days on the progress. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue

Removed tennis ball size GHA from back compartment 🤪

Clean/scraped it. Let it soaked in Peroxide for 10 min. Some macro algae survived so I will try to save it and see if it takes off. LFS didn’t have any. 😕

Will spot treat with 3 milliliters of Peroxide daily. 

Bought some extra CUC, snails, hermits and emerald. 

Also brought new fish home but I am embarrassed to say what it is. It’s cool and beautiful tho. 

BTW I just realized how this bag of extra ChemiPure got there (thought it was part of pre-vaca setup but no).... Some of you might remember when I accidentally dosed coral Rx instead of amino acids. Well, I dumped some extra Chemi to extract as much as possible of it and quick. Dummy. 🙄

• Haha 1